Quantcast

Iron Horse Pulls Line From IBD

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
DH bikes really aren't in demand, it's a very small cult thing in the biking world. The cost of manufacturing might not be worth production. It would be very interesting to see big company's books (Specialized, Trek, Giant, Cannondale, etc.)on where most of the money is made, I can guarantee it's not on the DH models.

You have never heard of Intense Cycles I take it?
Nor how well they do.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
You have never heard of Intense Cycles I take it?
Nor how well they do.
Yes, they are no were near as big as the other guys. I place Intense, Foes, Turner etc as boutique company's. My point is, they don't nearly produce the numbers as the big guys. Intense has always made that special frame, not the overly mass produced ones. If I remember correctly, Intense are still hand made here in the US and not overseas in huge quantities. Walk into 100 local bike shops and I guarantee you're not going to see a lot of M6's and Socoms there. Maybe more in So Ca, but not here in Nor Cal. There are VERY few shops that carry that type of specialty item. Believe me, I'd love to walk into your average bike shop and see them lined up with all sorts of DH goodies. However most shop owners will tell you, Joe average guy wants to ride around the street with his family and only spend $300-$700 on a bike and has no need for a $5000 DH bike. That's all I'm trying to say.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Big difference between a $500 million company (Specialized) and Intense
No sh1t sherlock, but the guy said "DH bikes are not in demand" and "The cost of manufacturing might not be worth production". So I referenced a company that while small in comparison to specialized, sells A LOT of expensive DH bikes and a company that does very well financially.