Quantcast

Iron horse Sundays

D

demo008

Hey i am seriously considering buying a sunday wc fram yet i have just been hesistant because my friend said that his buddy got one and he hated it. Is there anyone out there with one who can tell me about it. HELP ME thanx

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
thats what i would have to say you can't really know until you personal have riden one vecause what you like could be diff. than your friends friend

TurnerDHRider

Monkey
Jul 5, 2004
Sydney, Australia
i got myself a sunday factory...i got 03 boxxer WC in the front(planning to buy the 06 WC wen it comes out) and the bike feels awesome...i raced the sunday for its first time last weekend and it was GREAT...good jumper(a road gap on the track) and corners extremely well...and the course at the start was very flat and the bike just pedalled very well...but be sure you get the latest 5th element shock tune after you get the sunday..i m not sure if they ahve fixed up the problem yet..but check with your bike shop or with progressive..but i am about to change it to an Avy Chubie...DW says its great on the sunday...so i might give it a try...so..BUY IT...you will have fun

KC

DHDror

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
Israel
It's easy to hate a Sunday if the rear shock is not set up correctly.
Make sure your friend lowers the press. in the air chamber to 50-60 psi , this is usualy enough to make the bike very plush and tracks lines very well.

Read this link -

http://www.ironhorsebikes.com/homepage_links/news_events7.shtml

As a new owner of a Sunday I can only say that this bike is very unique and feels like no other .
What ever you ride today , I am sure the Sunday will improve your confidence - The faster you go on a Sunday , the smoother they get !

dhmtbj

Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Boston
Amazing bikes for sure. I'd have your friend make sure his 5th element is tuned for the sunday. Many got shipped out with improper damping making them feel like poop.

JJ_PA

Chimp
Nov 7, 2004
S.W. Pennsylvania
It might be a great bike, but do you want to have to deal with there customer service. Believe me they don't take care of their customers, you might find some people who have had some luck with them, but most of the people I have talked to and myself have had no service from them at all.

DS Dom

Monkey
Nov 14, 2001
Denver, Co
JJ_PA said:
It might be a great bike, but do you want to have to deal with there customer service. Believe me they don't take care of their customers, you might find some people who have had some luck with them, but most of the people I have talked to and myself have had no service from them at all.

what kind of problems have you had? My personal experience with them has been great.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
JJ_PA said:
Umm, your in the minority.

Natedog

Monkey
Nov 8, 2003
Ventura, Ca
I'm gonna throw in my two cents...I think this bike is amazing,perfect geometry and the suspension....ohhhhh the suspension. It's one of the best suspension systems I have ridden to date.It's stiff corners well and can carry speed through rough stuff better than a majority of bikes I have ridden.

I highly recommend it, but I do agree with some others that you should try and test ride one because everybody's has different taste.

Dusty