Quantcast

IronHorse 2009 - no DW Link!

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
I thought there was odd things happening with Iron Horse when they pulled the plug on the Yakuza line up in the USA.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Let me be the first to say that I think Dave should name his new company "Chuck Norris" because I won't buy a bike from "Weagle Bikes". Also, let me be the first to ask; Dave, if you need a sales manager, plz let me know where to send my resume. :busted::spam:

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
It's surprising that this news was kept quiet for so long. I heard about it last May. That's why I was confused to see the 2008 Sundays.

You guys need to remember that DW is making a business decision here. Don't read any more into it than face value.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
It's surprising that this news was kept quiet for so long. I heard about it last May. That's why I was confused to see the 2008 Sundays.

You guys need to remember that DW is making a business decision here. Don't read any more into it than face value.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

:)

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
So then what is all the Sundays about the bike it's self or Sam Hill the rider of the bike.

So if no DW link sunday everyone is going to ride waht ever the next DW Link bike is or...

Is everyone going to ride the bike Sam Hill rides even if it dont got the DW link.

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
There are 2009 Sundays.
Can't wait to see them. After 5 years it is the right time for a new design anyway. As some of the the main DH companies (Santa, Intense, Turner) are out with new models, IH has to release something new too, to keep "competitve".

And if the 09 sunday will go back to a single pivot, that would not be so bad - thinking of other single pivot bikes (Orange etc.) that work extremly well. I personally think that the sunday is more than just the DW Link.

Can't wailt to hear a official IH statement.

Maybe Sam and Brandon will rock single pivots at Sea Otter:pirate2:

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
Can't wait to see them. After 5 years it is the right time for a new design anyway. As some of the the main DH companies (Santa, Intense, Turner) are out with new models, IH has to release something new too, to keep "competitve".

And if the 09 sunday will go back to a single pivot, that would not be so bad - thinking of other single pivot bikes (Orange etc.) that work extremly well. I personally think that the sunday is more than just the DW Link.

Can't wailt to hear a official IH statement.

Maybe Sam and Brandon will rock single pivots at Sea Otter:pirate2:
i doubt im, maybe around worlds time maybe. but im sure there going to take advantage of the dw link while they still can

pelo

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
The DW-link Sunday is a classic. A two-time worldchampion bike, available for the avaragejoe-rider.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
You do realize that you just named 3 companies who have not changed their suspension designs in any way shape or form in 5-8 years right?

Manipulating tubing and shaving grams does not a new "design" make. It's just advancing the same design.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
So then what is all the Sundays about the bike it's self or Sam Hill the rider of the bike.

So if no DW link sunday everyone is going to ride waht ever the next DW Link bike is or...

Is everyone going to ride the bike Sam Hill rides even if it dont got the DW link.

I have headache...

Cheers.

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
You do realize that you just named 3 companies who have not changed their suspension designs in any way shape or form in 5-8 years right?

Manipulating tubing and shaving grams does not a new "design" make. It's just advancing the same design.
correct, the suspension design is the same, but they made some serious geomerty changes and the look different too.

And they all market their new bikes as redesigned, anyway I love my sunday and my MkIII, lets see what happens and what the 09 Sunday will look like.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
correct, the suspension design is the same, but they made some serious geomerty changes and the look different too.

And they all market their new bikes as redesigned, anyway I love my sunday and my MkIII, lets see what happens and what the 09 Sunday will look like.
I'm just waiting on replaceable fenders and radiator shrouds to kit 'em out.

spliffy

Monkey
Dec 10, 2007
DURANGO Colorado
Finaly the long time awaited death of Ironhorse. Cant say I am sad, as of Daves new creations I am sure they will top the last one. IronHorse on the other hand has plenty of their own problems as we all do, and will probaly be back to the run of the mill department store bikes they have been know for in the past. Now with k2 they will own that market, watch out Mongoose Iron Horse is back in the **** business.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
finaly the long time comin death of ironhorse so stoked
and maybe a little but taller bb on the new bike Dave knows what he is doing and the knew bike will be kick as. IronHorse onthe other hand as plenty of their own problemsand will probaly be back to the run of the mill department store bikes. Now with k2 they will own that market watch out Mongoose Iron Horse is back in the **** business.
reading that gibberish hurt my skull...:plthumbsdown:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
finaly the long time comin death of ironhorse so stoked
and maybe a little but taller bb on the new bike Dave knows what he is doing and the knew bike will be kick as. IronHorse onthe other hand as plenty of their own problemsand will probaly be back to the run of the mill department store bikes. Now with k2 they will own that market watch out Mongoose Iron Horse is back in the **** business.
Translation for Bizutch:

Ironhorse, a 2nd tier company thanks to the innovative DW-Link, will slip back to 3rd tier status after 2008.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
Translation for Bizutch:

Ironhorse, a 2nd tier company thanks to the innovative DW-Link, will slip back to 3rd tier status after 2008.
agreed, they needed to stop selling their bikes next to k2s at wallmart and performance if they wanted to reamain where they are.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I can understand why people see the DW link area at IH as being a tough act to follow with the amount of success the bikes have had especially the Sunday.

Previously IH has also experience up and down times and a great deal of change in the focus and bikes.

I personally am looking forward to seeing what you have to offer and its always great to be positively surprised.

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
I find it funny that people think we're just going to go quietly, letting all the work we've done till this point just slip away.

On a side note, we will continue to support (ie:Pivot kits...etc) the bikes we've produced through their warranty periods and in most cases beyond.
I love my Sunday and MKIII, they work great and are designed with al ot of love (eg the cable rooting on the sunday or the right chainstay at the MKIII) but they are also designed around the DW Link. So its was quite strange to here the news.

But i am a IH loyal, so keep progressing and a lot of DW Sunday owners will switch to your new desing:clapping: