Quantcast

IronHorse 2009 - no DW Link!

RD

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Boston, MA
Isn't IF the bike company that has like 10 owners? I remember seeing some finance show that went to diff businesses to help them out, and if I remember right, IF was one of them. One of their problems was the fact it had 10 owners.

How'd you like to be their employee that got told 10 different times you used the wrong cover page on your TPS report? Hahaha (Office Space joke)
collectives and cooperatives are incredibly common, especially in cycling. i will not get into the various arguments that can be made for or against such structures in society, but they seem to be quite fruitful in the cycling world.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
collectives and cooperatives are incredibly common, especially in cycling. i will not get into the various arguments that can be made for or against such structures in society, but they seem to be quite fruitful in the cycling world.
I totally agree. My previous post was not in critique of IF's operating/managing model, but more of a statement (and question) of fact. That and the ever-present desire to quote Office Space.

I'd love to talk more about the effectiveness of a coop biz model and the history of IF, but that's getting a bit off topic...

RD

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Boston, MA
I totally agree. My previous post was not in critique of IF's operating/managing model, but more of a statement (and question) of fact. That and the ever-present desire to quote Office Space.

I'd love to talk more about the effectiveness of a coop biz model and the history of IF, but that's getting a bit off topic...

haha, oh man. sorry I've had a long day and didn't catch the reference. I love talking about social sciences, it's often proves hard to find calm people to talk to though. shoto me a PM sometime!

now where is my stapler? :)

CarlE

Monkey
Jan 7, 2008
Long Island, NY
Iron horse is in trouble. They are charging too much for the bikes. Virtually the same bike was almost $2000 less a few seasons ago. It is a good bike but you can build any custom DH rig for the price of a Sunday WC. DW has plenty of other good designs and ideas. Fallow him not IH.
Have you compared our pricing to that of our large companies, say like Specialized? If you do you'll see that our pricing is inline, if not a little lower, with other companies.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Hey Carl, nice to see you guys on here defending yourselves. No one's really seemed to have caught on to my bitter sarcasm yet. I think it's funny that a few days ago Ironhorse rulled the planet and everyone on it, suddenly a suspension design change comes about, and everyone jumps ship and leaves their "beloved company" treading water alone. So much for faith! Doesn't even sound like they're interested in seeing what you guys come up with!
Just to clarify, I don't ride IH so this doesn't bother me either way, just hate trends, but moreso the people who follow them blindly.
I wish you guys the best and curious to see what's in store... I LOVE seeing new bikes!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hey Carl, nice to see you guys on here defending yourselves. No one's really seemed to have caught on to my bitter sarcasm yet. I think it's funny that a few days ago Ironhorse rulled the planet and everyone on it, suddenly a suspension design change comes about, and everyone jumps ship and leaves their "beloved company" treading water alone. So much for faith! Doesn't even sound like they're interested in seeing what you guys come up with!
Just to clarify, I don't ride IH so this doesn't bother me either way, just hate trends, but moreso the people who follow them blindly.
I wish you guys the best and curious to see what's in store... I LOVE seeing new bikes!
I don't think anybody comments on your IH post as they are as predictable as the posts you complain about. Also I don't know how I hate trends became more intelligent than I love the Sunday.

If you hate trends and people who follow them then make a thread about that in the Lounge - should be good fun for all of us.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
But can someone explain to me why Iron Horse told the budget DH racer to go take a hike in the US by getting rid of the Yakuza with identical geometry to the Sunday but a pricepoint that made sense for young or broke riders to get into the sport with good equipment and the right layout?

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
So the other day I heard that I'll be able to buy a Norco Team DH with a DW link in the future....

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
From what I've heard from the local guys, IronHorse is going to have the same Sunday in 2009 for the international markets. The dw patent only covers the US, so the Yakuza will be the new US showpiece DH bike. Phew! I love my Sunday and am so looking forward to the 2009 models.

disclaimer: may have been written drunk as a **** stir

DeafTrance

Chimp
Nov 1, 2007
Seattle, WA
Im not sure about that, I think dw might have a patent for the dw link in the European patent office. I recall reading somewhere that he applied for it but i dunno if they actually issued it to him. If dw did receive the patent from the european patent office then iron horse most likely wouldnt make any dw-link bikes for production after the liscense expires.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Have you compared our pricing to that of our large companies, say like Specialized? If you do you'll see that our pricing is inline, if not a little lower, with other companies.
http://www.ironhorsebikes.com/bikes/sunday/sunday-team.php#

http://www.mongoose.com/mtn/ProductDetails.html?id=2640&enc=mtn|

700 bucks more.....and worse spec :'(. And the goose has better geo and pedaling (IMHO)

Lets just be honest here....

SDH Racing

Monkey
Apr 5, 2006
NE
Im not sure about that, I think dw might have a patent for the dw link in the European patent office. I recall reading somewhere that he applied for it but i dunno if they actually issued it to him. If dw did receive the patent from the european patent office then iron horse most likely wouldnt make any dw-link bikes for production after the liscense expires.
Sounds about right at this point. If they're smart... they do whats needed to keep riders coming back and not try to fill the gaps with hype and products that dont live up to the name. Though I applaud their efforts thus far to support the racing scene... if only racing was as strong in the US as it is across the pond. :disgust1:

To me Slopesyle comps are the equal to what Nascar is for car racing but thats going off topic not thats its a bad or anything. :D

two9errider

Chimp
Oct 27, 2007
Preface. I didn't read all the posts, so I don't know if anyone has said this or not.

Iron Horse has the license through 2010. I was talking earlier tonight with a guy who races them and he seemed kinda pissed this rumor has spread so quickly. So tell your friends, they will have the sunday through 2010.

ronan

Monkey
Dec 7, 2007
Toulouse, France
Preface. I didn't read all the posts, so I don't know if anyone has said this or not.

Iron Horse has the license through 2010. I was talking earlier tonight with a guy who races them and he seemed kinda pissed this rumor has spread so quickly. So tell your friends, they will have the sunday through 2010.
i dont think dw has said anything like that

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)

i think Dave is more credible then your "sponsored" rider, seeing as how it directly relates with him. . . . . .

maybe you should have read the first page at least!

they may have the sunday. . . . but it wont have a DW link on it

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
this thread is e-speculation at it's finest.
QUOTE of the thread... if not year.

:biggrin:

Since Dave is hard at work on something he's not going to say thing 1 about it until the time is right.

Everything that is floating around right now is folklore.

09' dw-link DH bike = Aurora

Yeah, it probably exists - but no, there aren't any concrete details yet.

:biggrin:

Be patient guys...

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Be sweet if that was the case... Norco have a rep for nicely specc'ed bikes and a good price point.

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
rumors, rumors, rumors......

Howeer, shoud'nt there be some prototypes around, if they go in production at the end of 08.

I have not seen any IH or Norco protos in the web, so where are they?

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Will be interesting to see, norco would gain a bunch of rep from this. Who told you steve?
hahaha, officially nobody told me anything. Unofficially one farkin member, possibly named Yerek Dates, had perhaps seen/done/said something implying that Norco will be using a different linkage next year. Maybe someone suggested it to him and he responded something like "who told you that?!"...

Seriously though - I haven't heard anything rock solid at all, but things are definitely pointing that way. Long story short, I personally believe that's the way things are probably going... I could be proven wrong since nothing is confirmed but we'll see hey.

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
rumors, rumors, rumors......

Howeer, shoud'nt there be some prototypes around, if they go in production at the end of 08.

I have not seen any IH or Norco protos in the web, so where are they?
I don't recall seeing it said anywhere that the bike would be in production for next year. I read "future"

jazzeph28

Chimp
Jul 15, 2008
Giant and DW-Link?

the rumors have been spreading... and with Dave Weagle not having a 2009 manufacturer for a DH implementation of his DW-Link, this looks like a realistic effort by Giant.

Dave has been quoted saying that some of the Maestro design bleeds into his DW patent, and that after speaking with Giant - they are close to inking some kind of resolution (deal?).

:lighten: so stoked i ride giant now and most likly always will