Quantcast

IronHorse 2009 - no DW Link!

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
Giant and DW-Link?

the rumors have been spreading... and with Dave Weagle not having a 2009 manufacturer for a DH implementation of his DW-Link, this looks like a realistic effort by Giant.

Dave has been quoted saying that some of the Maestro design bleeds into his DW patent, and that after speaking with Giant - they are close to inking some kind of resolution (deal?).

:lighten: so stoked i ride giant now and most likly always will

as i said before rumors, rumors, rumors.....

Where are the facts? The only fact that we have is that the DW licence of IH will expire.

And why should Giant drop the maestro - which in fact works great........

dazz

Chimp
Jan 12, 2007
Down Under
as i said before rumors, rumors, rumors.....

Where are the facts? The only fact that we have is that the DW licence of IH will expire.

And why should Giant drop the maestro - which in fact works great........
Maybe...

Giant buys out Dave's design, the DW-Link 'name' dissapears & Giant keep using the Maestro. Maestro suddenly evolves into something almost identical to the DW-Link. Dave uses the money from the deal to develop & bring the split pivot to market?

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
http://www.vorb.org.nz/ftopict-82647.html looks as if im right dosent so somepeople who said tht im just some 15 year old kid looking at rumours i know wht im tlking about i have connection at my dispoal
Mate if you're over 15 then buy a new keyboard. If not, learn to type and stop talking s**t. Nobody really cares whether you were right or wrong or who you claim to know, the internet is full of people who know better than everyone else (for example you, and another example, me).

Gunner

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Framingham, MA
http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/2286477/
its beggning to look like im right on this one isent it?
Its beginning to look like you're even more of an idiot (and your spelling doesnt help either)

From DW talking about the new Giant:
Unfortunately this is not a licensed dw-link bike, and I had nothing to do with the design.

As this point it's gotten blatant and ridiculous. It's certainly not fair, but what in life is. We have to keep believing that the system does what it is supposed to and things are righted eventually. I'm a firm believer in karma, so..

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Unfortunately this is not a licensed dw-link bike, and I had nothing to do with the design.

As this point it's gotten blatant and ridiculous. It's certainly not fair, but what in life is. We have to keep believing that the system does what it is supposed to and things are righted eventually. I'm a firm believer in karma, so..
That makes me "like" giant even more. They are not only ripping the susp but the looks also.
BTW. Now it looks they want to realease their frame after IH has DW sunday on purpose... Smaller chances of Ih suing them ?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Or if you live in the Alpes, where supertackys only last a few days.
I heard about that and that's why instead of visitng the Alpes I decided to go to the Alps. My tires lasted much much longer than a few days there.

Also that's why I prefer hutchinson over maxxis. 35a tires hold zilion times longer than maxxis supertacky.