Quantcast

Ironhorse Porter 24"

motomike894

Chimp
Sep 24, 2007
Northern Indiana
Does anyone have one of these and are they good bikes Im still trying to find a decent bike and I found a good deal on one of these, doesnt have a disc brake which doesnt really matter its setup to have one.

But Any opinions would be awesome, Im going to try to get it tommorow hopefully.

motomike894

Chimp
Sep 24, 2007
Northern Indiana
Its got a large frame, Marzocchi Dirt jam forks just rebuilt, 24" wheels, aluminum frame, regular brakes but has the mounts for disc brakes front and rear.

All black in pretty good shape, all stock basically.

Axis

Monkey
Jun 9, 2004
Ya there was a 24" version but the stays are super long and the bb is low. If you are looking at 24" check out the 1020 fit cruiser and the 2010 WTP cruiser.

motomike894

Chimp
Sep 24, 2007
Northern Indiana
Well I bought it, and took it straight to a little skatepark, which I havent rode BMX for like 10 years, and never really rode at a skatepark, but it wasnt too bad the thing feels pretty good, the only thing I hate is the fork, I have to look into how to make it much stiffer it is was too springy, but the thing is very light.

It has a gay looking chain tensioner on it too, Im going to look into getting that off of there and getting some different gearing maybe.

What should I put on a 24" will be riding at Rays and skateparks all winter?

Thanks for any info.

Randomshot

Monkey
Mar 12, 2009
Ft. Collins
well thats kinda a bad question...how much do you want to spend? if your going to be at a park with a 24" id lower the forks to mabey 70-60, new gearing and some good rims, i like bars with higher rise but it depends whats already on the bike besides the zocchi

motomike894

Chimp
Sep 24, 2007
Northern Indiana
How do I lower the fork and make it stiffer, like way stiffer, when I go to bunnyhop or hit something thats not perfectly smooth it clanks out and rebounds way too fast, they feel stiff just sitting there, but Im a big guy too.

And what kind of gearing would be good for it, I would like it to be easier to get going, it has a 15-38 right now?

Any help would be awesome, thanks.