Quantcast

Ironhorse/Sportcheck/DropMachine Team

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Very nice for the DM team...now if they could actually start to distribute the damn bikes for other people than the DM team, they could start to congratulate themselves. :eviltongu

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Cool! Haven't read the whole thing yet, but pretty neat none the less!

This whole deal has been awesome, and working with SportChek to help push a brand like Iron horse is a great opportunity to get those bikes into the Canadian market. I gotta admit, we were somewhat hesitant when we were considering this whole thing, but now, knowing what i know and seeing the effort sportchek has put in, i have no fears at all.

The whole thing with SportChek is they are hesitant about pulling in a lot of bikes, because of worry over te stores image. I know for a fact though, that you can walk into any sportchek, and order whichever bike you need, and it will likely be there within a week. As the popularity, and demand, increases, you should start seeing more of the high end ones just sitting, waiting to be picked up.

Should anyone need help getting one in canada, or want one of the discount coupons, just drop me a line. :p

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
dropmachine.com said:
I know for a fact though, that you can walk into any sportchek, and order whichever bike you need, and it will likely be there within a week.
That may be true if you're lucky enough to have a SportCheck in the province you live in. The Québec division of SportCheck, Sport Expert (not sure if it's the Québec division, but at least it belongs to SportCheck) apparently can't get the bikes. I remember reading in some Québec bike forums that some people tried to order a IH thru Sport Expert but the answer they got were either "We can't get them" or "WTF, LOL you really want to pay 3000$ for a bike?" :stosh: :mad:

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
I was in montreal last week, and was wondering about the total lack of sportcheks...

If you want one, lemme know, shipping it wouldn't be an issue at all.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Finally got a chance to see one in person in a store (I see them all the time in town) Somehow BC got these bikes in stock in a shop.

The sgs expert looks great and would suit me perfectly. No I just need to come up with 2000 cdn haha

Sport Expert is own by Forzani which also own sportcheck. They don't distribute the same stuff for the most part :)

S.G.D

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver
dropmachine.com said:
I was in montreal last week, and was wondering about the total lack of sportcheks...

sport check doesn't translate into french :rolleyes:

Jeff Monk: Team manager, races vicariously through the team, slower then rocks, organizes stuff.

a little harsh on you weren't they Jeff?

~SGD

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
dropmachine.com said:

Thanks! :thumb:
I don't really want one as my Balfa is perfectly fine for now...it's just that IH are very sweet bike at a very sweet price and I find it a bit frustrating to how difficult it can be to buy one without having to drive to the US to pick one up in person. :) If I ever want one, I'll know who to contact. :)

Hopefully, they will be easier to get in the future! :)

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
Anyone have todd's (flipfantasia) email? I'm heading to whister in a week and I wanna get in touch with him...

sirbikealot

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
Dundas,ON,CAN
Yeti DHer said:
Anyone have todd's (flipfantasia) email? I'm heading to whister in a week and I wanna get in touch with him...
flip@dropmachine.com

when are you going? i'm going to be out there for racing and riding july 20-29th, if you're there then we'll hook up and we'll take you out for a night of pints on team dropmachine