Quantcast

Ironhorse Yakuza Aniki

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Just wondering if anyone has ridden one of these and then built it up better. They're going for really cheap right now, and I'd like to get one then upgrade the components (shock, fork, brakes, etc...) but want to know if the frame will hold up. Anyone?:monkeydance:

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Ehh I know guys who owned them and were happy after putting money down on shock, fork, brakes...well everything you listed. But I owned one for a week, and I hated the bob coming from a hardtail...and it just didnt perform up to my startards for the 700 bucks (put together) that I spent on it.

But I suppose its worth a go if you lay down cash. I much happier with the bighit I ended up getting a week later for 600 more. *WAY worth the money, the frame is alot more upgradeable*.

Cliff13

Monkey
Apr 30, 2006
NC
Yea, my freind had one and he had to replace the bearings prety quick. I have the ojiki and its been good. I replaced the fork, and going to replace the shock soon maby

klutch

Monkey
Jan 25, 2007
dirty jersey
don't bother I owned one from campmor in nj for a week and broke it(the fork) in a park by my house just pedaling;and when I say park I mean park where women push they're kids in strollers.I would go on www.wheelworld.com and check out what they have in complete bikes.For around the same price as the yakuza.

kiwiintexas

Chimp
Nov 30, 2005
I have one for freeriding (its supposed to be my wifes DH rig), changed out the fork and shock (I2I is 9.0 and I just put a 5th element on it). Pedals are **** but do the trick to begin with. Get one if you are looking for a strong, cheap bike grab one. I think mine was together for about 900 all spent. I have beaten the crap out of it and it works great.