Quantcast

Ironhorse.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
My sister bought her fiancee a bike for Xmas and it arrived yesterday. As I was assembling it I kept asking "are you sure this only cost $400? I think the lowest quality components were the Hayes Mech disc brakes which had the worst adjustment of any brake I have ever seen... Oh and the seatpost was a no name. But it was still a good solid build, All truvative and Shimano Deore.

Next time I need a new bike I will be looking IH's way.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Great awesome bikes for the price. They can be real hard to beat for someone on a budget, and the support is tops!!!

Unless I can afford an M3, my next bike (or frame) will be an IH)

:thumb: :thumb:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
you cant go wrong with a IH bike... especially when Supergo blows them out every few months...
I bought a 7.7 for almost half price... the only problem was i didnt like the feel of the bike.. one thing that could have saved me the trouble had i been able to test ride it first

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I would have liked to have brought in Iron Horse, but no way can we win a price war with Puperpo.

I bet you got a $750 bike for $400. Good deal.

Not to poo on it, but the worse thing about your bike is the one item without a brand name: the frame. No one is going to do this, but if you stripped it down and compared it to a Cannondale frame, I bet you see a pound difference.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
MMcG said:
3??? Oh yeah - road, XC and DH - I forgot about the DH bike!
yup

'03 triumph (road)
'04 hollowpoint expert RL
'01 SGS-DH

sanjuro said:
I would have liked to have brought in Iron Horse, but no way can we win a price war with Puperpo.

I bet you got a $750 bike for $400. Good deal.

Not to poo on it, but the worse thing about your bike is the one item without a brand name: the frame. No one is going to do this, but if you stripped it down and compared it to a Cannondale frame, I bet you see a pound difference.
which $400 complete cannondale bike?

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
douglas said:
True, but assuming it was a $750 Iron Horse you stole for $400 and matched it up against an $800 Cdale (prolly an F400) then it'd be a fair comparison. I think. :rolleyes:

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
golgiaparatus said:
My sister bought her fiancee a bike for Xmas and it arrived yesterday. As I was assembling it I kept asking "are you sure this only cost $400? I think the lowest quality components were the Hayes Mech disc brakes which had the worst adjustment of any brake I have ever seen... Oh and the seatpost was a no name. But it was still a good solid build, All truvative and Shimano Deore.

Next time I need a new bike I will be looking IH's way.
I've got great news for you....stay tuned. hehehe

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
douglas said:
Come to back door, I'll sell you one for $100...

Well, if you went to REI, you could find one, but not next year.

But considering the $500 F300 is the same frame as the $1500 F800, I would say you are getting a great deal on a frame.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
sanjuro said:
Come to back door, I'll sell you one for $100...

Well, if you went to REI, you could find one, but not next year.

But considering the $500 F300 is the same frame as the $1500 F800, I would say you are getting a great deal on a frame.

I'll take a Scalpel 3000 shipped for $200

ps: theres no diffefence detween the Furio-X and a Furio ?

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Ridemonkey said:
I've got great news for you....stay tuned. hehehe
I can only imagine...

Did I win the lottery? No wait it I won a new bike from Iron horse.
SWEET!!! Thanks man, I didnt know how I was going to be able to afford it, you have made my dreams come true!!! THANKS RIDEMONKEY!

I did wina bike right?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
douglas said:
I'll take a Scalpel 3000 shipped for $200

ps: theres no diffefence detween the Furio-X and a Furio ?
Whoops, quoting 2005 specs. The Furio-X has the heavier stays, but it was the same frame from F300 to F600 in 05 (I believe).

Just come to the back door, I do have a Scapel. Do you give your shipping address to the guy with the truck?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
sanjuro said:
Whoops, quoting 2005 specs. The Furio-X has the heavier stays, but it was the same frame from F300 to F600 in 05 (I believe).

Just come to the back door, I do have a Scapel. Do you give your shipping address to the guy with the truck?

if I am giving him an extra Benjamin for shipping, then hell yeah he's getting my ship to addy

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My DH bike this year is an IH Yakuza Kumicho and swapped out the fork for an 888. It's nearly identical to the geo of my old Bullit with an added inch of travel, floating brake, and it was only $200 more than what I paid for just the SC frame.

My LBS says it's tough to carry IH with Supergo blowing them out at near cost. But they gave me a great price and I have local support. I am looking at IH for my hard tail too.