Votes: 7 24.1%
  • only if the want to suck

Votes: 22 75.9%

• Total voters

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
I always carry a bobcat with me when I go out riding, it's handy for trail repairs and jump building, plus it folds up and easily fits into my backpack.

DHblur

Monkey
Jul 23, 2003
Arvada, CO
Come out to Arbor one day this week Anarchy and you'll see that nothing but a spade, a flatty, and a rake are needed for building dirt jumps.

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
Originally posted by DHblur
Come out to Arbor one day this week Anarchy and you'll see that nothing but a spade, a flatty, and a rake are needed for building dirt jumps.
and a tiller and a pick and a fudgepacker and thousands of gallons of water.

a bobcat is for making evil kenevil (sp?) ramps for booners to flail over.

Sep 17, 2003
Originally posted by Sideways
Handbuilt or nothing.
Bobcat's are for mark ass bitches.
so i am a mark ass bitch because after 30 years of sk8boarding, bmx riding, and manual labor, i decide to move dirt with a machine built to do the job of ten men.
work harder not smarter is what i always say.
its very obvious to me that as a young boy(if you are a man) you were never "made" to do any manual labor, did you ever have to dig two ten foot holes in your front yard because you couldnt afford to pay a plumber to fix you problem....maybe you should think before you call someone a mark ass bitch for working smarter...i would be glad make you my bitch, so dont call someone a bitch who can make you their bitch....

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
Originally posted by crashedupderby
its very obvious to me that as a young boy(if you are a man) you were never "made" to do any manual labor
Ahahahah, ahahahahah....ahahaha, I can't help but laugh my ass off at this comment and what I expect will come next.
Oh, and by the way, get over yourself... you are making insane judgements based on two lines of text, text that you have no idea of the tone implied by it. Got issues? oh yeh...

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Is it needed? Definitely not.

Can it make things easier in certain circumstances? Hell yeah.

This weekend we rented a Bobcat to move the 80 plus yards of clay that was donated to us. We could have done it with wheelbarrows and shovels but it would probably would have taken us ALL week to get it moved.

We did all of the shaping and finish work with good old fashioned manual labor and shovels. Now we need some rain to pack it all in.

Sideways

Monkey
Jun 8, 2002
Asheville, North Carolina
so i am a mark ass bitch because after 30 years of sk8boarding, bmx riding, and manual labor, i decide to move dirt with a machine built to do the job of ten men.
work harder not smarter is what i always say.
its very obvious to me that as a young boy(if you are a man) you were never "made" to do any manual labor, did you ever have to dig two ten foot holes in your front yard because you couldnt afford to pay a plumber to fix you problem....maybe you should think before you call someone a mark ass bitch for working smarter...i would be glad make you my bitch, so dont call someone a bitch who can make you their bitch....
I hope you are enjoying all the jumps and trails that I built by hand.

Mar 27, 2004
baltimore and boulder
I dont think anything at Arbor that is still standing was built with machinery, and I dont need to tell you what thats like. BTW mike you NEED to get out to arbor and see all the work thats been done, even just in the last few days, it's awesome.

Sep 17, 2003
I hope you are enjoying all the jumps and trails that I built by hand.
did you cut those jumps down to size with a bobcat or a shovel?
also your handbuilt trails are much more enjoyable than your handbuilt bikes with manute bol geometry.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
mark ass bitches.
What does that mean?

I spent every weekend all winter building jumps by hand. The most we ever had working on them was 3 people. We now have only 4 doubles. Given they are all at least 6 ft tall and contain quite a lot of material..........but with the help of a bobcat I think we'd have a dozen.

I think I want to be a mark ass bitch. How do I join? I really think the mark ass bitch lifestyle would suit me quite well.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
did you cut those jumps down to size with a bobcat or a shovel?
also your handbuilt trails are much more enjoyable than your handbuilt bikes with manute bol geometry.
Damn, who pissed in your Cherios? Relax man. Just because your a mark ass bitch, doesn't mean you need to get all worked up about it. Learn to deal with the fact your a bitch and move on, m-kay?

It's not about working smarter or harder, it's about working on a jump or trail with love, by hand. Besides, some of the best jumps and trails are built where you can't get to in a bobcat.

Mar 27, 2004
baltimore and boulder
Originally posted by kidwoo
I spent every weekend all winter building jumps by hand. The most we ever had working on them was 3 people. We now have only 4 doubles. Given they are all at least 6 ft tall and contain quite a lot of material..........but with the help of a bobcat I think we'd have a dozen.
Its rough when you only have a few people building, out at Arbor recently entire lines have gone up in a weekend or two, but a few times that has been with a crew of 8 or more working hard.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Build jumps?
Here's what we do.

On the way out to our downhill jump trail in our shuttle truck, loaded up with our bikes and shovels, we stop and pick up a case of cheap beer. Then at the freeway entrance, where all those guys with the signs that read "Will work for......whatever", we grab a few of those guys and take 'em out and put em to work!
Wave an ice cold can of Hamm's in their face and they'll show you how to dig some jumps, I tell you what!!!!!!
A few minutes of instructions then we ride all day (then drink the beer).

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Originally posted by TWISTED
Build jumps?
Here's what we do.

On the way out to our downhill jump trail in our shuttle truck, loaded up with our bikes and shovels, we stop and pick up a case of cheap beer. Then at the freeway entrance, where all those guys with the signs that read "Will work for......whatever", we grab a few of those guys and take 'em out and put em to work!
Wave an ice cold can of Hamm's in their face and they'll show you how to dig some jumps, I tell you what!!!!!!
Best post ever :stosh:

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Originally posted by TWISTED
Build jumps?
Here's what we do.

Just pull into the 7-11 parking lot, yell "I need 8!" and 8 guys will jump in the back of your truck.

They dont speak good English, but..... they'll work hard

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
Vail CO
Well, I've always built the old fashoned way, but if someone offered me a bobcat would I take it?.... Hell yes. Move dirt ten times as fast, then conencentrate your hand work (or "love") on shaping and grooming. Maybe that makes me a 'mark ass bitch'... but I can live with that.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
The times it's good to have lots of gromets to ride with.:cool: Act as foreman and tell them where to put the dirt.

Sideways

Monkey
Jun 8, 2002
Asheville, North Carolina
Originally posted by oly
Man you must have strong hands......
They were definitely stronger during the 4 years that I was selflessly building the vast network of trails and local dirtjumps that mister grumpy and ungrateful BCmeatpuppet man surely rides.

These days they are of the more tender and understanding sort...though hopefully I'll be on the Pisgah Trail Crew that is getting lined up and is seeking federal funding as we speak.
There we will be mark ass bitches with a walk behind skid steer and an IBEX machine, getting trails properly bench cut, contoured, and rock armored.