Quantcast

Is a SCORBA race happening again this year?

DLo

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
South Bay Area, CA
I don't know about you guys, but I thought that was alot of fun! :thumb: I'd love to do it again.. just wondering if there were any thoughts of it happening?

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
DLo said:
I don't know about you guys, but I thought that was alot of fun! :thumb: I'd love to do it again.. just wondering if there were any thoughts of it happening?
I think we should do it...only problem is that we lost the barn...so we'll have to find some other place suitable for the pixie bike race.

i was thinking of the DH race could be down sweetness or magic carpet. Both of those would be real fun.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Pssst: Have it between Christmas and New Years... or something close by those holidays. If we can't find a good place in SC, I'll talk with my parents about having a DH race or even pixies at our house, but they're buzz kills. I won't even be stateside until nearly the end of December, but we could have DH at Demo cuz I live right by there. It would be cool to have a pixie race, barbeque, and concert at my place, but I dunno if it can happen. It would be rather ideal, though.

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
bikenweed said:
Pssst: Have it between Christmas and New Years... or something close by those holidays. If we can't find a good place in SC, I'll talk with my parents about having a DH race or even pixies at our house, but they're buzz kills. I won't even be stateside until nearly the end of December, but we could have DH at Demo cuz I live right by there. It would be cool to have a pixie race, barbeque, and concert at my place, but I dunno if it can happen. It would be rather ideal, though.
Hmmm

The logistics of a DH race in Demo are quite different than in UC. I'm wondering how many guys are going to ride thier big bikes up to the top just to run down Sawpit and then have to truck it back out 4 miles?
We could have a Downieville style/SuperD race though...that might be fun. Start from the bridge, do one lap down sawpit and climb back out to the bridge? This way we could drink all that beer at the pixie race and not feel so bad about it.

Raacerx

Monkey
I like the idea of Sweetness, or maybe Airborne? Id definitely make the trip down to SC to race/help with anything. Maybe a weekend of trail maitenence before the race? I think Airborne would be ideal; fast, not as much pedaling as Sweetness/Carpets, but more then DC and not as sketchy. Count me in for sure.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
Raacerx said:
I like the idea of Sweetness, or maybe Airborne? Id definitely make the trip down to SC to race/help with anything. Maybe a weekend of trail maitenence before the race? I think Airborne would be ideal; fast, not as much pedaling as Sweetness/Carpets, but more then DC and not as sketchy. Count me in for sure.
Does Airborne start out steep and s-turny through soft, rutted dirt? Then it splits and left is immediately steep and right is traversing a hillside? I just discovered that trail, it was cool. That would be a good one to race on.