Quantcast

is a trek good for dirt jumping/urban assault?

4400 hucker

Chimp
Jul 28, 2009
I was just wondering if a Trek 4400 (same as 4300 Disc, but with lockout and hydralic disc brakes) was any good for DJ or urban assault.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
It is not going to hold up.

Get yourself a cheap hucker, like the GT Chucker. The parts are not that great but the frame is reinforced. You can get upgrade the fork and the crank later.

BeerMe

Monkey
Apr 18, 2008
FOCO NOCO
Well, you may not be able to do much urban assaulting, but this video lends the notion that you can do some woman assaulting.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I was just wondering if a Trek 4400 (same as 4300 Disc, but with lockout and hydralic disc brakes) was any good for DJ or urban assault.

I get it! He was kidding....

This is a joke right?

If this is not a joke, then you should know Trek Suckz. Upgrade to a carbon hardtail stump jumper and huck yourself onto the flattest landing you can find.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Nothing. Actually XC, maybe an xc ss or your grocery getter
It really is a generic bike, i work at a trek shop and we sell these to kids who want to ride to the football field to play and just ride around town, it will not hold up, trust me i see the results of people who try

BikeLuvR904

Monkey
Jun 8, 2009
IMO treks are good for dirt jumping. They have too good of tread for just an urban assault. I don't know, I think cannondales are better for urban assault than treks to be honest. Watch this video if you want to no more about treks: http://vholdr.com/node/5095

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
umm..... :spam:

I'm pretty certain this guy is spamming us. He also started a random thread on the DH forum linking to this website.

On top of that he just suggested crackandfail for an urban bike. WTF?

Not trying to be a jerk but this kind of stuff really grinds my gearz.