Quantcast

is anyone else psyched? color thread...

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Anyone psyched that it seems the ridiculous color combos and loud insano graphics are starting to tone down? I'm not that guy rocking body armor outside of his jersey bowing to satan rocking black everything but it was getting a bit nuts...

Seems that most stuff (sorry marzocchi) is looking a bit more reserved and clean...

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Photographs love colour.
Therefor sponsors love colour.
Therefor racers wear colour.
Therefor punters buy colour.

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Yes i'm noticing the trend as well... but who cares... everyone is riding... i personally don't go to the mountain to talk or look at what anyone else is wearing...

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Photographs love colour.
Therefor sponsors love colour.
Therefor racers wear colour.
Therefor punters buy colour.
Unfortunately the designs of most of the "colorfull" jerseys on the market leave little room for sponsors, and the room that they do leave is often in dark areas that don't photograph well and/or don't have enough contrast for visibility.

There are a few domestic pros who raced in that nutty TLD kit posted above. I couldn't read their heat transfers unless they were standing in front of me in the lift line...

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I think this is a matter of design. TLD design leaves a lot to be desired.

Fat Chance on the other hand - badass.

NoUseForAName

Monkey
Mar 26, 2008
Unfortunately the designs of most of the "colorfull" jerseys on the market leave little room for sponsors, and the room that they do leave is often in dark areas that don't photograph well and/or don't have enough contrast for visibility.
Just discussing this today - i wanted a simple black jersey, but the clothing guy pointed out (correctly) how poorly the logos will show.

Black with a big white stripe for the logos it is then.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Who cares, I ran plain 1 color jerseys/pants forever until i found troy lee shorts 52% off on chainlove. Ordered 2, 1 red and 1 blue, i have to admit, i like them. they are similar to that shot on the first page, its nice. cant speak for sponsors, and maybe i turned evil and fell for the marketing scam, but i am happy, who cares?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
The original Oakley neon lime and lemon wind breaker they sold at the beach was the one true piece of color anyone should own.

That and the original neon pink Tuf Racing KX 125 seat cover.