Quantcast

Is anyone going to Mammoth in Sept.?

Jan 21, 2004
South Central...(PA)
We just booked our flights yesterday to go out to the US National Championships at Mammoth in Sept. Anyone else planning to go from the area? Maybe we could hook up and help split some of the costs of the rental van, maybe get a condo or something. As of now we have three riders and one significant other going to spectate. If anybody's interested get back to me. Thanks.

Dave

P.S. Does anyone know off the top of their head what one has to do to qualify for the race? I know the pros don't have to but we only have one of those in our group. Thanks.

banche

Monkey
Jul 21, 2003
BANNED FOR LIFE
yep dink and i are going. we haven't booked any flights yet, because for me its alittle to early in the season. alot could happen by then. won't say what don't want to jinx myself.
in order to quilify you have to place in the top 3 or 5 i can't remember,at a regional race,like a state championship,or at an AMBC race,or i think its top 10 at a NCS national. keep in touch i'll talk to dink and maybe we can set something up. we both race 30-34 expert.

Jan 21, 2004
South Central...(PA)
Dig it! My friend and I both race the 30-34 expert too! We just moved up this year. I'm a little nervous about qualifying now. Maybe nobody will show up for one race so I can finish in the top 5! I guess we'll just have to wait and see. We booked our flights so soon because the rates are pretty low. We're flying into Reno for $220. Not too bad, I guess. I think it's another $40 each way for the bikes. If you wait too long the rates might go up significantly. We'll keep in touch. I'll start looking for a place out there. We're leaving on the Wed. before the race and returning the following Mon. We were hoping to go out like the weekend before the race and ride Tahoe but it will be closed during the week after Sept.9 so that ruined our plans. Bummer! I was really looking forward to that. Oh well, at least we're still going to the race. Talk at you later.

Dave

SPUTNECK

Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Raleigh, NC
You can get qualifying info at norbanationals.com or usacycling.com.....sim plified form.

If you get a:

top5 in a regional AMBC/Norba sanctioned race OR
top 10 in any NORBA NCS race, you qualify.

Banche, I'm planning on flying into Reno, renting a RV and driving over......how are you shipping your bikes....?

Bill.

banche

Monkey
Jul 21, 2003
BANNED FOR LIFE
we are shipping them ups i think? we are still discussing everything. i'll talk to you at snowshoe,and mt.snow about it. maybe we can all work something out and make this trip alittle cheaper. my money is gettin tight,i'm going to durango also this year,and masters worlds!

banche

Monkey
Jul 21, 2003
BANNED FOR LIFE
were did you get those tickets from the cheapest i've been able to find are around $385 and up! but i haven't really looked in about 2 weeks

Jan 21, 2004
South Central...(PA)
Hey banche. We got our tickets at Southwest.com under the promotional fares. I don't know if the same rates still apply but you can check. I've been looking at some places out there. I'm not sure what DH course the race is actually on so I e-mailed the mountain. Hopefully they'll get back to me and we can get a place that's right on the course and just ride in and out of our room. It looks like a condo that sleeps 6 maybe even 8 is like $140 a night. That doesn't sound too bad to me. Anyway, let me know if you and dink are in for sure. That would be cool. Laters.

Dave