Quantcast

Is Banshee owned by Pacific?!?

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
What Wumpus said...Banshee is not OWNED by Pacific, but Pacific makes Banshees. Kind of like Giant making a lot of brands.

roamingoregon

Monkey
Apr 10, 2004
Wilsonville
BigMike said:
My buddy got a Banshee a while ago, and while looking over it, we noticed a Pacific sticker on the lower part of the seatstay :eek::eek:
Actually there are two Pacific's. The one most of you all know (Schwinn, Mongoose, GT.) and the another one in Taiwan or China that does manufacturing. The manufacturer one has been around for a longer than the importer and is known as a "high end" manufacturer.
Chris Horning(sp?) from Pacific (Mongoose,Schwinn, GT) did have a relationship with the manufacturer way back- left the company to start his own- then proceeded to name the "new" company Pacific...

Pacific (GT, Mongoose, Schwinn) is not a manufacturer- prototyping maybe- importer definately.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Sounds like a copyright issue to me........:think:

blue said:
Pacific (ala GT/Schwinn/Mongoose/Wal-Mart) is not affiliated with them.

GT is now NOT a Wal-Mart brand. Its a bike shop only brand now. Unfortunantly, them being availible in big box stores has hurt their reputation pretty badly. They make kick ass bikes though!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
BigMike said:
Sounds like a copyright issue to me........:think:

GT is now NOT a Wal-Mart brand. Its a bike shop only brand now. Unfortunantly, them being availible in big box stores has hurt their reputation pretty badly. They make kick ass bikes though!
They make a few nice bikes, but still have annoying reminders of their low price days, such as that they don't actually make a 100% Chromo BMX frame, even their 'top of the range' BMX only has Chromo main tubes. It's a pity because the design of the frame isn't half bad.

Edit: Actually their top BMX frames are 100% now. My bad.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Changleen said:
They make a few nice bikes, but still have annoying reminders of their low price days, such as that they don't actually make a 100% Chromo BMX frame, even their 'top of the range' BMX only has Chromo main tubes. It's a pity because the design of the frame isn't half bad.

Umm....... except for the Team, and King :think:

89yota

Chimp
Oct 10, 2003
Yeah that Pacific sticker on the seattube kinda had me questioning the frame too. I guess they build Banshee's with the highest build standard they have. And Banshee is owned by Banshee, they just get them built in Taiwan, but hell 80% of all bikes are built there anyway. granted it's not as cool as being handmade by a burly Canuk, but the Taiwanese are really skilled at what they do, and I believe that the Banshee's are handbuilt.