Quantcast

Is bio Pace making a come back ?

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
All it takes is a big name to win with those and they'll be the next biggest thing.

oldfart

Turbo Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
North Van
Actually, Osymetrics and Rotor rings work exactly oposite to bio-pace. The theory behing bio pace was to have the lower gear section where the rider could push hardest so that the leg speed would increase to push through the dead spot better. Q rings et al put the higher gear where one can apply more force and the cranks will go faster through the dead spot. I have the q rings on the road bike and you can feel a difference. I can't say that it is faster or easier and I don't think I would get them again.

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
i thought Bobby Julich was the first pro to use them? look weird but if i remember right he seemed to like them quite a bit. but that could have been sponsor dollars talking too

oldfart

Turbo Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
North Van
:think:

Now I really want them,....;)

LOL Next time you need to replace your chainrings, order a set. I don't think that they slow me down any and they probably are more efficient. The only way to really know would be with power meters and tests and stuff. I just ride. I had a 27 X 40 on my mountainbike too. I think rotor rings make more difference at low rpm like when your off road on a steep loose climb and have to remain seated for traction. You do pedal past the top and bottom parts of the pedal stroke faster. And they are adjustable for position. Three positions for the off road version and five for the road.