Quantcast

Is DH hot again?

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
No one worth listening to. Half the forum is still trying to fit 26" wheels in stuff and I think about three people still race.
Man you gotta stop playing out that racing makes you better than people that just ride for enjoyment.
Pretty sure @buckoW doesn't race but would likely wipe the floor to a sheen with most of us.

I appreciate racing but personally found the day I stopped timing was the day I started really enjoying riding bikes!
While I also used to enjoy watching racing (only DH), 29ers have really killed the visual excitement.

I'm stoked to be building up an outdated DH bike again and can't wait to pummel it through some rough terrain.
My answer to this thread's question is a resounding yes!

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Udi just sent me this pic yesterday asking if I had any more of the aluminum shock mount cams.

Might be related. Not sure.
I'd genuinely like to try and ride one of those through a bunch of corners just to see if it works like it looks like it does.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I'd genuinely like to try and ride one of those through a bunch of corners just to see if it works like it looks like it does.
because of that stupid fork it would suck

Honestly though, with the ability to drop the bb with those cams, those were pretty damn good bikes. Leverage curve was just taken from moto so it was perfect.

Last edited:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
regular camera coverage is a big part of it as well but in short, more leogang, less val di sole/schladming

More long fast relatively smooth straightaways, less sustained chunk, older courses getting neutered more and opened up a lot more than they used to be.....

More dumb tabletop/jumpy bike park shit

It's definitely a thing.
As someone so backward as to still be on 26" because I've been in a 15-year time warp, I believe you...but am confused, as I thought the point of 29" was rolling easier over teh gnarz rather than requiring a more groomed course. I could see a change to less tight/twisty, I guess, but why LESS tech with 29"??