Quantcast

Is drilling another hole in a reciever hitch just a really bad stupid idea?

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Get somebody to make you a wedge, put the rack in the hitch, snuggle it up with the bolt on the side then slide the wedge in the gap where the anti sway bolt should go (you might have to remove the anti sway bolt) tap the wedge a few times with a hammer then a few more times for good measure and you're done. Wiggle the rack around by hand and make sure it's not going anywhere the truck isn't going and load up the bikes. When you want to get the rack off remove the side bolt then tap the rack out of the hitch with a hammer, once the wedge backs out enough pull it out and remove the rack the rest of the way.

beestiboy

Monkey
May 21, 2005
Merded, ca
Men ( and i guess there are a few women posting to this thread) you have all over looked the one solution that we as MEN can always without a doubt resort to then end all/be all solution to all of lifes problems........DUCT TAPE. Drill the hole, fill it with JB Weld, tap it, then use 30ft of duct tape and dont look in the rearview mirror until you either get to where you are going or hear a really bad noise(bikes scraping and horns honking).

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Bwahahahaha!!!!

Nine page thread (for a trailer hitch no less) and Mike decides it won't work anyway. :thumb:

There needs to be a RM Thread Hall of Fame!

:monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: :monkey:

Mike - I give it five monkies!!!

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
I would just take your vehicle down to a local shop and ask them. I know MMike went to college, like most of us. However, a degree doesn't buy common sense...take it to someone who installs hitches and ask them what they think.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
blt2ride said:
I would just take your vehicle down to a local shop and ask them. I know MMike went to college, like most of us. However, a degree doesn't buy common sense...take it to someone who installs hitches and ask them what they think.

Being Logical? Whats the fun in that?