Quantcast

Is driving fun where you live?

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I've adapted my driving style to being surrounded by the clueless. I fear it's a change for the worse, but I'd go nuts if I didn't. I see all cars around me like pylons and it's just a long slalom course. It does make driving more fun, but it's exhausting.

Those roads on the road trip were fantastic, but could have been made a little better if we had been in a manual.

I guess it's time to get a motorbike. That would liven things up a bit.

JewBagel

Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
oregon
1971 BMW + miles and miles of scenic country roads minutes from my door = amazing

I ride my bike to get around and take the car out on weekends or occasionally in the evening, I think the fuel gauge is messed up since when I fill it up from E, even with the cost of premium around 4.50 I only pay 25-30$. Odometer is broken also but I figure 5 hours of driving pleasure is worth 25-30$.

JewBagel

Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
oregon
i need to get more money so i can buy myself something fun to drive. is it bad that i want an older bmw? (at least i'll learn how to work on cars with one of those)
Depends on the year. 2002's :banana: have notorious rust problems but are relatively inexpensive for an old fun car. They have no ECU or anything electronic to mess with and when you open the engine you can see the ground and no plastic, I can actually touch the ground through the top of the engine bay. As it is a cult car there are plenty of online groups devoted to it and tons of parts floating around. E30's are also great, not as much of a classic and would be more work with the modern electronics and what not.

moose99ps

Chimp
Jun 11, 2008
bend, oregon
just don't end up like this. He lowsided pushing it too fast into a hairpin crossed the double yellow and hit a Chrysler 300 head on..he lived but was in a world of pain

that bikes in GREAT shape for a headon... had a buddy lay one down on the highway just cruzing, he hit one of those stupid bump markers between lanes in a construction zone and that bike was WAY more thrashed than that picture...

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
that bikes in GREAT shape for a headon... had a buddy lay one down on the highway just cruzing, he hit one of those stupid bump markers between lanes in a construction zone and that bike was WAY more thrashed than that picture...
I wonder what he wants for it.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
DC is sooo unpleasant. The combination of xtreme commuters, tourists, politicians, and local governments that refuse to offer either viable public transport or well built roads is kind of a perfect storm.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
NO.

@ weeks ago I had a Mom with her 2 kids in a mini-van point a sawed off shotgun at me fro honking at her after she almost side swiped me. I did shoot her the bird too. But still that is no excuse to go pulling a shotgun on someone. She then followed me but lost interest as I zig zagged through the neighborhood behind my work.

& yes. I work in the ghetto.