Quantcast

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
come on Fraser...pushing buttons is hard work! you push buttons for work! lol jk
:biggrin: I do indeed. I even make more than they do.

Of course, if I gave an assembly line worker my backpack of gear,I'm pretty sure they couldn't do what I do without a good deal of training and experience. If they gave me their impact wrench, I could bolt on a wheel in about 60 seconds. I did all 4 on my car a week ago installing snow tires.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
if they dont want to give a inch, then itll be partly their fault when these companies go down the crapper.

when a business is in dire need of help/reviving, then anything and everything needs to be done to turn it around, and that includes (god forbid!!), overpaid union workers taking a pay cut to keep themselves employed

theres no doubt that management was a huge problem to all the companies' downfall, but these union prima donnas need to wake up and smell the napalm in the morning
A company should be saved by the companys owner/s, they've been collecting the dividends all this time, now it's time to reinvest. They can't call on others to cough up that never have gotten a penny of the profits.

If you file for personal bankruptcy, there's nobody that's going to help you with their taxmoney, your ass is grass, and it ain't your dogs fault for eating too much eather. Master has to work his **** out by him self.

okay, sorry 49% of them are terrorist. people who resort to violence to get their way, is a form of terrorism.

i know plenty or Palestinians and ALL of them have issues of what is going on in their homeland.
granted, they want their land, but to resort to violence to prove a point, will never work
Any sound person whos had his country invaded and taken from him would have an issue with that. It was taken from them with violence and they live under violent oppression now, so it seems to work from the other side.

It worked several times against British and French imperialism in the Middle East, and of course they have issues with what is going on there, any reasonable person does.

It isn't acceptable, but it has worked several times in the past.
Standing up for your self and those around you is a justified thing. Not doing something is nonacceptable.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
The lowest a university professor makes is around 70k/yr, and factory workers make less than that.
Uh, no. You are 100% completely incorrect.

Entry level faculty salaries in US universities is $4589usd a month. It is the second in the world, behind Canada at $5206usd.

I have multiple family members working in academia as tenured professors, support staff and even a major university dean. Their unions are just as bad or worse.

edit: This information is from an academic industry journal - it is accurate through 2008.

Last edited:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
:biggrin: I do indeed. I even make more than they do.

Of course, if I gave an assembly line worker my backpack of gear,I'm pretty sure they couldn't do what I do without a good deal of training and experience. If they gave me their impact wrench, I could bolt on a wheel in about 60 seconds. I did all 4 on my car a week ago installing snow tires.
theyd use their torque wrench that does all the work for them to tighten the flash down

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Have a dentist buy the same gear as you (actually, probably nicer stuff) and he'll do work that's 25% as good as you, but he'll do it for photo credit...

Different discussion, I suppose :D

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Violence doesn't work.

Also, Iran is far from peaceful. Waging an 8 year war with Iraq and possibly about to get into it with just about all of their neighbors due to radical threats they continue to make.

They are currently funding an insurgency in Iraq, the second Intifada in Iran. Peaceful my ass. They are simply perpetuating the violence through proxies now instead of on their own. There will be blowback, probably sooner than later.

Using the Iranian Government as an example of, well, anything, is insane. They are simply at a low point in their cycle of violence and hatred. Go hang out in Tehran and let me know how peaceful and tolerant the population is.
It was actually the US that got their boy Saddam Hussein to start a war on those who dared dethrone their puppet.

You trust the US's view on things too easilly, hasn't the last 8 years taught you anything?

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
It was actually the US that got their boy Saddam Hussein to start a war on those who dared dethrone their puppet.

You trust the US's view on things too easilly, hasn't the last 8 years taught you anything?
valid point.

and yes, i have learned that we half assed this war

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
No, it's because unions need to stop strong arming businesses. Unions need to be outlawed the same way that price fixing has been. There really is no difference between setting the value of a good, and the value of labour.

GM or Ford could not hire workers who were not UAW affiliated. Therefore they have to bow to the demands or cannot produce their products.

Do you really think a high school degree holding assembly line worker should earn more than a PHD holding university professor?

If you do, you are deluded and need to smoke less pot.
Blue collar workers get to suffer from their envirionent; noice, dust, eye damages, diesel fumes, other toxic stuff, injuries, deaths... When did a teacher get exposed to any of this?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Blue collar workers get to suffer from their envirionent; noice, dust, eye damages, diesel fumes, other toxic stuff, injuries, deaths... When did a teacher get exposed to any of this?
Proper safety equipment, procedures and the afore mentioned health insurance takes care of this.

So they have the health insurance, why do they need the high wage? With your reasoning, that is double dipping.

Also, you apparently haven't been to a large number of US and Canadian secondary schools and universities. Sadly, I am not even kidding. Asbestos, guns, knives, toxic fumes, unfounded lawsuits.

Every job has hazards, we accept them when we accept the job. If I didn't like riding in sketchy chairlifts or hiking down 45 degree slopes of mud, I'd quit my job.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I was refering to the claims that Iran is sponsoring the civil war in Iraq, and that Iran was the one that had "waged a war on Iraq".
So Iranian weapons found in Iraq, aren't actually Iranian? The ones with Iranian markings reported by agencies not affiliated with the US or Allies?

And Iran didn't wage a war with Iraq?

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
So Iranian weapons found in Iraq, aren't actually Iranian? The ones with Iranian markings reported by agencies not affiliated with the US or Allies?

And Iran didn't wage a war with Iraq?
Trust the same people that were claiming WMDs, Al Qaeda, that deny all the atrocities they've commited there?

No, other way around.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
He's saying that he can't trust the United States' claims due to the amount of times that the US government has lied and faked evidence for political gain.
Right, so he agreed with my post then?

I just want to be clear.

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
Right, so he agreed with my post then?

I just want to be clear.
IIRC, the people that announced the link between the Iraqi resistance and Iran were military officials, not third parties.

Hell, even congressional Dems are skeptical

Senate Intelligence Committee member Ron Wyden, D-Ore., said “the administration is engaged in a drumbeat with Iran that is much like the drumbeat that they did with Iraq. We’re going to insist on accountability.”

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
IIRC, the people that announced the link between the Iraqi resistance and Iran were military officials, not third parties.

Hell, even congressional Dems are skeptical
Actually, plenty of third parties confirmed that some of the weapons found were current, Iranian military hardware.

Edit: You are correct though, the US did announce it.

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
Actually, plenty of third parties confirmed that some of the weapons found were current, Iranian military hardware.
According to the LA Times, they weren't actually Iranian

A plan to show some alleged Iranian-supplied explosives to journalists last week in Karbala and then destroy them was canceled after the United States realized none of them was from Iran. A U.S. military spokesman attributed the confusion to a misunderstanding that emerged after an Iraqi Army general in Karbala erroneously reported the items were of Iranian origin.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin

Edit: You are correct though, the US did announce it.
I don't trust them, there's been too much lying in this whole conflict.

And the "other way around" comment meant taht it was Iraq that invaded Iran.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24454377/

MSNBC piece about how "there was no conclusive evidence that Shiite extremists have been directly supplied with some Iranian arms as alleged by the United States."
"We can't ignore or deny we are neighbors. We do not want to be pushed in a struggle with any country, especially Iran," he told a news conference.

"We are fed up with past tensions that we have paid a costly price for because some parties have pushed Iraq (in the past) to take an aggressive attitude to Iran."
The guy sounds cautious, or/and he doesn't want to get plaid again.

"I think that the ongoing military operations in Iraq are an internal Iraqi affair and concern the Iraqi government and the coalition forces in Iraq," al-Dabbagh said. "No other party, except the Iraqis, has anything to do with this issue."
That's hypocritical while having just allowed US occupational forces to stay for the whole 2010 out...

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
I know you was joking. You actually like the UAW. Hey, I saw a Subaru Legacy with a boxer diesel engine yesterday. I almost sprained my neck when I saw that little badge on the hatch. Now that's some cool ****; turbodiesle and boxxer!

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I know you was joking. You actually like the UAW. Hey, I saw a Subaru Legacy with a boxer diesel engine yesterday. I almost sprained my neck when I saw that little badge on the hatch. Now that's some cool ****; turbodiesle and boxxer!
boxer diesel engine=fail in my opinion.
...although it can get unreal mileage

Defenestrated

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Earth
if they dont want to give a inch, then itll be partly their fault when these companies go down the crapper.

when a business is in dire need of help/reviving, then anything and everything needs to be done to turn it around, and that includes (god forbid!!), overpaid union workers taking a pay cut to keep themselves employed

theres no doubt that management was a huge problem to all the companies' downfall, but these union prima donnas need to wake up and smell the napalm in the morning
Again, you can not justly hold the factory worker accountable for plummeting car sales, it's a result of mismanagement and overall unimaginative design theory.

Defenestrated

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Earth
please re-read what i posted again, then comment
Regardless of whether or not UAW concessions would make GM's task easier, you cannot deny labor a stake in the company and then punish it for losses incurred by mismanagement.

That is like punishing the citizens of a dictatorship for the failings of their dictator...

GM represents only one group of people, its shareholders. If labor was in charge of the corporation, then they would be accountable for any management failure.

Last edited: