The last time I saw Eddie
he was living in the trailer park again "

anyone???? +5 to the first to know the song

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
at least a dozen....im sure of it
Except for a rare trailer here and there in an industrial neighbourhood that is inhabited by an amphetamine junky (often a couple male/female), the only people living in trailers are those who live far away from where they work and only travel home on weekends.

Things aren't perfect here, we have a few homeless living on the streets/hideouts/mission houses, but it's effin far from any comparable size city in the US.

What's minimum wage at in the US at the moment, seven dollars? 7 x 7 = 49kr
We don't have anything called minimum wage here and nobody makes anything close to that. When I got out of school as an 18 year old in 1990 I made 52kr, for a few months/half year, as an aprentice in the construction biz. I don't think any grownup is making less that 80-90kr/h today.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>
We don't have anything called minimum wage here and nobody makes anything close to that. When I got out of school as an 18 year old in 1990 I made 52kr, for a few months/half year, as an aprentice in the construction biz. I don't think any grownup is making less that 80-90kr/h today.
Around here people are making the equivalent to 80kr/hr working at McDonalds.

:monkey:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Except for a rare trailer here and there in an industrial neighbourhood that is inhabited by an amphetamine junky (often a couple male/female), the only people living in trailers are those who live far away from where they work and only travel home on weekends.

Things aren't perfect here, we have a few homeless living on the streets/hideouts/mission houses, but it's effin far from any comparable size city in the US.

thanks for this bit of information to go along with my e-sarcasm...

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
did you honestly think i thought there were a dozen trailer parks in sweeden?

you and i both know there are two dozen
Hahaha, no the number was obviously taken out of the air but I did read you like you believed that it was an equally naturall thing to have over here as well.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
heres GM's great "plan"
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/12/02/gm-asks-congress-to-kickstart-its-heart-with-ambitious-plan/

they are also selling all their planes or ending the leases early.

thankfully Wagoner took a Malibu hybrid to DC and Ford's Mulally took a Escape Hybrid to DC this time
What do they mean that they're going to 'niche brand' Pontiac, and where does Pontiac stand today among GM brands? I figure GMC is cheapo trucks and vans, otherwise it's Chevrolet that is the cheapo brand. I know Buick has always been more expensive and that Cadillac is the top brand.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
What do they mean that they're going to 'niche brand' Pontiac, and where does Pontiac stand today among GM brands? I figure GMC is cheapo trucks and vans, otherwise it's Chevrolet that is the cheapo brand. I know Buick has always been more expensive and that Cadillac is the top brand.
im just taking a guess, but maybe they are talking about scaling back production significantly, and not putting R&D into cars like the G8 w/ the new Zeta platform.

GMC actually makes "higher end/classier" vehicles compared to their Chevy counterpart.
all the Denali branded vehicles, the Sierra pickups versus the Chevy Silverado and the Acadia versus the Equinox i believe, are a few examples.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>

GMC actually makes "higher end/classier" vehicles compared to their Chevy counterpart.
all the Denali branded vehicles, the Sierra pickups versus the Chevy Silverado and the Acadia versus the Equinox i believe, are a few examples.
Yeah - it's amusing because it's all poorly put together $hite... from the Chevy right up to the Cadillac. :rofl:

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
im just taking a guess, but maybe they are talking about scaling back production significantly, and not putting R&D into cars like the G8 w/ the new Zeta platform.

OK. I'm not familiar with all the models, don't think they sell over here but for the Silverados and the Sierras. GMC are stricly Canadian built, right?

Subaru makes some quality veichles, low owning costs! GM owned I belive?

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
OK. I'm not familiar with all the models, don't think they sell over here but for the Silverados and the Sierras. GMC are stricly Canadian built, right?

Subaru makes some quality veichles, low owning costs! GM owned I belive?
no on both ends. they might have some plants in canada(i dont think they do), they are built here primarily in the states.

and no, GM does not own Subaru. they are wholly owned by Fuji Heavy Industries

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
well, technically, he's correct; much like how NASA [NA-suh] is, but GAO [gee-ay-oh] isn't

you don't hear people saying P-O-N-T-I-A-C, do you?

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
you pro union folk will be happy to hear the UAW actually moved a inch and will suspend the Jobs Bank program, effectively stopping laid off workers getting up to 95% of their pay...but the UAW president still wants to fly to DC tomorrow instead of driving a hybrid like the Big 3 CEO's are doing.

i mean seriously, why didnt they just give them 100% instead of 95%? at that point, whats 5% going to do? nothing

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/12/03/uaw-agrees-to-suspend-jobs-bank-postpone-veba-contributions/

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Never mind it was a derailment anyways.

Teflon forehead
Like dis? :banghead:

That picture gives all the blame to your unions, like if the bosses weren't those that made the desitions, and therefore are to blame for, about too big gasguzzling obsolete vehicles with too poor quality. Add their salaries that were everything but good examples of moderaton, and how can they ask anything but the same 'greed' from their staff (within proportions)?

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
How did American automakers end up with Union problems but Japanese automakers didn't?

Even if the Union is the problem, it's because the companies were so badly managed that the unions in their current form resulted.

Yeah, I'm blaming the victim. Maybe if GM had dinner ready on time, she wouldn't have two black eyes.

Samirol

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2008
How did American automakers end up with Union problems but Japanese automakers didn't?

Even if the Union is the problem, it's because the companies were so badly managed that the unions in their current form resulted.

Yeah, I'm blaming the victim. Maybe if GM had dinner ready on time, she wouldn't have two black eyes.
In this case, GM is a crack addict that spent all day in a crack house instead of picking up her kids from school