Quantcast

is it bad that i laughed?

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Biting lower lip...thinking of the children....must not seem mean heartless bastard........BWAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
My initial thought was, "if you have to ask, then it probably is." But no it's actually pretty funny and a good lesson.

NO Fievel!!!

"Papaaaaaaaaaaa!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
binary visions said:
My guess is it was staged.

I'm thinking that as well...... why would you be filming a mouse climbing on his cage?

But, on the flip side of that, how do you get a hawk to come get the mouse when you want him to?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
BigMike said:
But, on the flip side of that, how do you get a hawk to come get the mouse when you want him to?
Could easily be a trained hawk.

All it takes is for someone with a trained hawk or a falcon to say, "Hey, wouldn't it be funny if we made it look like..." - white mice are a dime a dozen.

The guy was way too prepared, with the panning out (why would you zoom out when filming a small mouse?), and immediately and smoothly following the path of the hawk.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Brian HCM#1 said:
BV, it was a stunt mouse.
:rofl:

I'm picturing the hawk going, "You ready, buddy?" and dropping him only to have the mouse parachute safely back to the ground.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
My buddies mother lives in TX out in the middle of nowhere and had a little rat dog in their fenced backyard. It was also abducted by a large bird. They heard the dog yelp 1 quick yelp and when they looked out the door the doggie was gone. The only guess was that it was a hawk or an eagle or something big hungry and airborne.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
along the same lines.

friend of mine had a koi pond in his back yard and had many very large and expensive koi in it.

he kept started losing a couple a week. couldn't figure out why.
he ruled out animals because of absolutely no trace or mess around the edge of the pond.
he replaced a few but kept losing them.

one saturday morning he was in his dining room and saw an osprey sitting on the power pole near his yard. then saw it swoop in, grab a fish and take off.