Votes: 2 13.3%
  • eves

Votes: 13 86.7%

• Total voters

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
we're having an argument here at work, between whether or not it's eves dropping or ease dropping. so i'm relying on the monkey to settle it.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
:banana::rofl::banana::rofl:

Today's verb is from a noun that originally pointed to a person who stands in the eavesdrop of a house in order to hear what is being spoken inside. The eavesdrop (or eavesdrip) of a house is that area beneath the overhang of the roof (eave) where water drips like so many words from someone's lips (if you don't have gutters). Eaves comes from Old English yfes, a descendent of PIE *upo which also gave us over, above, and up, while providing Greek with hyper and Latin super. (Today we thank Patricia Castellanos of Uruguay for spotting the odd disjuncture of sound and meaning in today's word.)

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
well i've been saying easedrop for too long to be able to change...and i'm not the only one here that says it either.

while we're on the subject of my poor english when you say the word "exactly" do you pronounce the "t"

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
well i've been saying easedrop for too long to be able to change...and i'm not the only one here that says it either.
You've been saying it too long? How old do you have to be to give up on speaking properly?

Being wrong now and then is ok - being wrong because you are too stupid or lazy to change is inexcusable.

Edit: Quick, before it's gone: Someone get a screen shot of the poll and add it to the Fail thread.

Last edited:

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
You've been saying it too long? How old do you have to be to give up on speaking properly?

Being wrong now and then is ok - being wrong because you are too stupid or lazy to change is inexcusable.

Edit: Quick, before it's gone: Someone get a screen shot of the poll and add it to the Fail thread.
TN says wheelbarrel instead of wheelbarrow. Getting him to change has been almost impossible.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder

:rofl:

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
I've added a link to the main navigation to help out Generation E.

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
TN says wheelbarrel instead of wheelbarrow. Getting him to change has been almost impossible.
My g/f has a funny tendency of saying word like 'button' or 'cotton' as 'but-in' and 'cot-in'. She gets pissed when I make fun of her about it but there's no use in trying to change her ways.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
words i mangle:
- orangutan (append a 'g')
- ostrich (terminal 'j')
- exponential (sub 't' for first 'n')