Quantcast

Is it Friday? Ya It’s Friday

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Wow those first two are pricy!
yeah. its the battery packs. it seems ludicrous when you know how much batteries actually cost... but given how much use I actually get out of these, I've found them to be worth it.

particularly when 2/3 of my buddies who got these still get cold feet. and they can't use them for anything else.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
@kidwoo once linked to a snowmobile e-tailer (I think it was for one-piece snow suits). I bet some good deals could be had on those sites, as snowmobilers tend to be less 'bougie' than skiers. I bet some hunting and fishing sites could have decent stuff too (if you can stomach camo gear)

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Got back from my first proper ride on the new 38s. However I was out for dinner last night and had a few beverages alongside that, so I certainly wasn’t on top form. Also I am still recovering from a slightly overdone workout on Thursday and my pecs and shoulders were complaining quite a bit. Still, the 38s are definitely stiffer and track more precisely and easily through rocky chunk. You can steer more aggressively in sketch and somehow it still feels confident compared to the 36s.

I don’t think I’ve cracked the setup yet, not surprisingly for a first ride I guess. I set out with a couple of clicks on both high and low speed compression and similarly one or two on rebound as well. They feel smooth and plush on bigger hits but maybe not responsive enough on small stuff. I took all the compression damping off for my second downhill and that felt great, so I think I might drop the pressure a little and add a second volume spacer, because I was getting 85-90% of the travel on bigger hits. Lots to think about anyway.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
call me a transvestite if you will but I ride in these comfortably down to 30* F without freezing my dick off. Women's XL fits me, I don't notice the knee patch at all

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
@kidwoo once linked to a snowmobile e-tailer (I think it was for one-piece snow suits). I bet some good deals could be had on those sites, as snowmobilers tend to be less 'bougie' than skiers. I bet some hunting and fishing sites could have decent stuff too (if you can stomach camo gear)
Snowmobile stuff is burlier than ski clothes but honestly would probably be pretty uncomfortable riding in.......up to a certain point. Cold enough they'd work pretty well.

This is absolutely @Jm_ territory. That dude rides bikes when bikes don't work.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Man, Prosecco is easy to drink. Who bought all this fucking stuff anyway? Why is it in my fridge? Bleurgh. I was thinking of riding again tomorrow too. :Alcoholic:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Berthoud Pass was kinda slippery

I’m glad I won’t be on the road at 5:15 tomorrow. I should get some sleep hmm

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Looks like cracked magazine in the US circa 1986
It definitely shares some of the satirical aspect but Viz's working class british/Geordie humour (hailing from Newcastle) was way more immature, sweary, politically incorrect and took its style from a mix of 1960s UK comics (Eg. Beano and Dandy), tabloid/local newspapers and women's weekly magazines. Haven't read one in years but it's still being published in 2022.
It was hugely popular in the 80. I doubt very much they'll be getting away with the same level of brutality today.
Glasgow had a small rip off viz magazine called "Electric soup"
I'm not sure Freedonia would even "get'" a lot of the humour of 80s Viz and if you did it'd probably be censored/banned.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Kart with Haley today. Had some fuel system issues, so replaced the fuel filter at the track, which fixed it. She's now having issues with the substantially faster kart. She's only getting up to 4500rpm vs 6000rpm redline, so a lot of top end there to reach into.

She's still a few seconds behind class speed, but that just time in the seat. She only has about 1.25hr total seat time in the kart She realistically needs someone in a same speed kart to chase, so she has a rabbit to learn from.

COVID boosters for me and Wifey. She's already feeling a bit sick. Flu shots for everyone tomorrow; Haley's getting COVID shot too.