Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
i don't want to die in my sleep, but i sure like to sleep. mmmm warm

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I just can't get up for the holiday, especially this year.

Seriously, if I didn't want to see my brother more than I want to breathe and love my wife so much, I'd check out. What a ****ty world.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I have a song for you, Silver. It goes a little something like this...

Outside the carolers start to sing
I can't describe the joy they bring
Cause joy is something they don't bring me

My girlfriend is by my side
From the roof are hanging cickles of ice
Their whiny voices get irritating
It's Christmas time again

So I stand with a dead smile on my face
Wondering how much of my time they'll waste
Oh god I hate these Satan's helpers

And then I guess I must've snaped
Because I grabbed a baseball bat
And made them all run for shelter

It's time to be nice to the people you can't stand all year
I'm growing tired of all this Christmas cheer
You people scare me
Please stay away from my home
If you don't wanna get beat down
Just leave the presents and let me be alone.

Well I guess it's not cool to freak on Christmas Eve
Cause the cops came and arrested me
They had an unfair advantage

And even though the jail didn't have a tree
Christmas came a night early
Causes a guy named Bubba unwrapped my package (hot damn)

It's time to be nice to the people you can't stand all year
I'm growing tired of all this Christmas cheer
You people scare me
Please stay away from my home
If you don't wanna get beat down
Just leave the presents and let me be alone

I won't be home
I won't be home for Christmas
I won't be home
I won't be home for Christmas (please post my bail)

Hooray for Blink 182!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Silver said:
Or does anyone else want to die in their sleep. Soon. Before Christmas.

****. I hate people. Especially at this time of year.
We have a Jehova Witness who works here so I am able to get a different view of the Christmas season every year and more and more I hate what it's become. However I love Christmas and I've found ways to stay out of the shopping madness. When I do find myself stuck inside the chaos I've found it best to just point and laugh at people.... works well for my mental state....

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
:stupid:

I read a quote once that said "Dont be wrong for the sake of being different"

I think that describes our little friend here. :devil:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BurlyShirley said:

I read a quote once that said "Dont be wrong for the sake of being different"

I think that describes our little friend here. :devil:
Ha... funny quote.

I've actually found that the small local main street stores are some of the best places to buy gifts, they gift wrap them for free, great personal service and they have unique stuff.

I only went to the huge chain stores once to pick up a few things people specifically wanted.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
xMas pisses me off for one reason... Shopping... I already hate shopping, but when you throw in b!tchy hags that cant walk faster than a friggin turtle, 1000s of people all shopping at once, crying babies everywhere that didnt need to be dragged along for a 6 hour shopping fiesta, christmas music, santa clause, bells, lights, annoying things that dance and or sing when you pass by them, grumpy sales people, etc, etc. Just get the fahk out of my way so I can buy my schitt and go home.

THis year I have a new plan... I'm going to get TOTALLY wasted, then and only then am I going to go to the damned mall.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
golgiaparatus said:
THis year I have a new plan... I'm going to get TOTALLY wasted, then and only then am I going to go to the damned mall.

Thats what Ruby Tuesday's 2 for one drafts are for. I always get drunk and go shopping at the mall.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
golgiaparatus said:

That's the only way to deal with X-Mas shopping.

I love X-mas however. Lot's of fun. Some people get miserable... oh well.. more x-mas cheer for me!

I'll buy a beer to the first person who can give the origin of the abbreviation "X-Mas". Hint: It's NOT an attempt to take the Christ out of Christmas. :)

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Ciaran said:

That's the only way to deal with X-Mas shopping.

I love X-mas however. Lot's of fun. Some people get miserable... oh well.. more x-mas cheer for me!

I'll buy a beer to the first person who can give the origin of the abbreviation "X-Mas". Hint: It's NOT an attempt to take the Christ out of Christmas. :)
Xmas has been used for hundreds of years in religious writing, where the X represents a Greek chi, the first letter of , “Christ.” In this use it is parallel to other forms like Xtian, “Christian.” But people unaware of the Greek origin of this X often mistakenly interpret Xmas as an informal shortening pronounced (ksms). Many therefore frown upon the term Xmas because it seems to them a commercial convenience that omits Christ from Christmas.

Ill take a newcastle.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
BurlyShirley said:
Xmas has been used for hundreds of years in religious writing, where the X represents a Greek chi, the first letter of , ?Christ.? In this use it is parallel to other forms like Xtian, ?Christian.? But people unaware of the Greek origin of this X often mistakenly interpret Xmas as an informal shortening pronounced (ksms). Many therefore frown upon the term Xmas because it seems to them a commercial convenience that omits Christ from Christmas.

Ill take a newcastle.
A Newcastle it is! :thumb:

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I'm a fuggin athiest, why do I need to buy this crap for people who aren't gonna use anyway. And I don't want the crap I get, I have too much crap already!

Shopping, nothing makes me hate corporate America and consumerism more than a shopping mall.

Wanna give me a stocking stuffer? Make sure its useful, like whiskey, so I can drink myself into a coma full of Holiday cheer..

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
zod said:
Ruby Tuesday's sells them drinks that come in a margarita glass that's bigger than a bucket!! :drool:
Actually they don't sell them here anymore....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BurlyShirley said:
Xmas has been used for hundreds of years in religious writing, where the X represents a Greek chi, the first letter of , “Christ.” In this use it is parallel to other forms like Xtian, “Christian.” But people unaware of the Greek origin of this X often mistakenly interpret Xmas as an informal shortening pronounced (ksms). Many therefore frown upon the term Xmas because it seems to them a commercial convenience that omits Christ from Christmas.

Ill take a newcastle.
Thank god for the internet.

Clark Kent

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
Mpls
Silver said:
I just can't get up for the holiday, especially this year.

Seriously, if I didn't want to see my brother more than I want to breathe and love my wife so much, QUOTE]

You just answered why some folks like xmass so much! :thumb:

Clark Kent

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
Mpls
Zark said:
I'm a fuggin athiest, why do I need to buy this crap for people who aren't gonna use anyway. And I don't want the crap I get, I have too much crap already!

Shopping, nothing makes me hate corporate America and consumerism more than a shopping mall.

Wanna give me a stocking stuffer? Make sure its useful, like whiskey, so I can drink myself into a coma full of Holiday cheer..

Hey, I'm the biggest damn aethiest ya ever met, but I like christmass... If you have family you love but dont get to see often. If you have family you know will not be around forever but you wish they would. If you want to take a chance to show someone that they are in your thoughts or your heart, in a world that doesnt give us many of those chances, then my man, THAT IS WHAT CHRISTMASS IS FOR! If ya dont have people you love, dont have folks that are gonna pass away the next 10 years, then dont worry. Its about giving because you want to, not because you feel you have to.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
If you don't love Christ...so be it.
If you don't love shopping...delegate.
If you don't love Xmas...use Christmas instead.
If you don't love cheer...put on your best screwface.
If you don't love spending time with family...fake illness and huddle beneath the covers.
But if you don't like a few days off work, you're fuggin' nuts! :confused:

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Clark Kent said:
Hey, I'm the biggest damn aethiest ya ever met, but I like christmass... If you have family you love but dont get to see often. If you have family you know will not be around forever but you wish they would. If you want to take a chance to show someone that they are in your thoughts or your heart, in a world that doesnt give us many of those chances, then my man, THAT IS WHAT CHRISTMASS IS FOR! If ya dont have people you love, dont have folks that are gonna pass away the next 10 years, then dont worry. Its about giving because you want to, not because you feel you have to.
I let my family know I love them in more real ways than shopping for knick knacks.