Quantcast

Is it just me...

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
That thing is ugly to say the least. Looks longer then a Matrix though. I would think it looks more like a Pacific/Freestyle thing.

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
rpk1988 said:
That thing is ugly to say the least. Looks longer then a Matrix though. I would think it looks more like a Pacific/Freestyle thing.
You know, I think you're right. I bet it is a Pacifica/Freestyle as a mercedes. it is the same company afterall...

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
I for one am glad to see the return of the station wagon although some refuse to call them what they are. Give me cargo room, the ability to tow a small trailer, and sporty handling/power. Europe is covered with the practical wagons and there usually isn't an SUV in sight.

Now with that said, I may be selling my truck for an SUV because the truck doesn't fit my needs right now and the wagons aren't what I need them to be quite yet.

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
Barbaton said:
You know, I think you're right. I bet it is a Pacifica/Freestyle as a mercedes. it is the same company afterall...
courtesy of Car and Driver:

For some reason, it's taken Mercedes-Benz two extra years to get its version of the Chrysler Pacifica to market. There's little differing this Vision R show car from the production R Class that will be shown at the Detroit show in January, so we lumped it in with the production cars. The R Class will feature six-passenger seating and all-wheel drive with Mercedes' new 3.5-litre V-6 initially offered. Sharing a platform with the new M Class (that will also debut at Detroit), both vehicles will come from Mercedes' Alabama U.S. plant.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i think the mercedes gets something ridiculous like a seven speed automatic tho. :drool:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i found out that japan/europe (and probably NZ) report RON octane. ours is (RON + MON)/2, so our "92 octane" might be more like your 98 or whatever...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
we have high power/liter cars: honda s2000 for one, especially before its displacement was bumped up. what particular high hp/l car are you thinking of that's not available on these shores?

we also have low hp/l cars, too, but they are generally designed to run on 87 octane. different market.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Toshi said:
i found out that japan/europe (and probably NZ) report RON octane. ours is (RON + MON)/2, so our "92 octane" might be more like your 98 or whatever...
yup, thats the deal. our 97oct is around the same, in terms of preignition handling, as premium US gas.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Mike B. said:
I for one am glad to see the return of the station wagon although some refuse to call them what they are. Give me cargo room, the ability to tow a small trailer, and sporty handling/power. Europe is covered with the practical wagons and there usually isn't an SUV in sight.

Now with that said, I may be selling my truck for an SUV because the truck doesn't fit my needs right now and the wagons aren't what I need them to be quite yet.
Have you looked at the Chevy Equinox? It's a small SUV, gets good gas mileage for an AWD, can tow quite a bit and has lots of cargo room. Plus, it looks like a Pacifica/station wagon. I have had mine a year and love it! VERY comfy to drive/ride and can haul TONS of stuff (including 4 bikes--2 on the roof and 2 on my hitch or 2 bikes, gear and my snowmobiles)!