Quantcast

Is it now official: Pakistan...

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
^^^

as much as the man-on-the-street reporting we see looks grim, their #1 enemy is india, & this unrest has their attention.

nothing to see here...move along...

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Whom we will defend at all costs.

Can you imagine the backlog of unresolved computer problems if India goes under?
for me, the times i have been forced to go through tech support (passwords, configurations, anything else i don't have permissions to), they have caused more problems they have solved. we have the people here, and after something like having ties severed w/ india, we'd finally put down our big macs & start learning what's learnable.

now if they'd only make keyboards with a little wider spacing between the keys...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
for me, the times i have been forced to go through tech support (passwords, configurations, anything else i don't have permissions to), they have caused more problems they have solved. we have the people here, and after something like having ties severed w/ india, we'd finally put down our big macs & start learning what's learnable.

now if they'd only make keyboards with a little wider spacing between the keys...
Good point.

Bomb the hadjis.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
It should be interesting to see what happens. I can't see Musharaf lasting long now, especially with Bhutto back in the country. The people are up in arms and most of the rest of the world is not too happy with him.

Having the country in a civil war would probably be about as dangerous as it can possibly get.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It is a good thing our military is strong, rested and ready to act in case the **** hits the fan. Oh wait...

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
It is a good thing our military is strong, rested and ready to act in case the **** hits the fan. Oh wait...
Why do you think we have nukes? Worked on Japan, drop a couple of bombs and watch em fall into line...

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Totally not relevant, very disrespectful and sooo not PC but.......

Everytime Prevez Musharref talks, I want a Medium Dunkin coffee and a blueberry doughnut.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003

Everytime Prevez Musharref talks, I want a Medium Dunkin coffee and a blueberry doughnut.
he ate a twinkie on the daily show; does that count?

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle

This post would've been greatly enhanced in hilarity and efficacy if there was no disclaimer at the start...

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
update: things are worserer:

Pakistan governor buried as clerics warn against grief
ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - A politician gunned down over his opposition to Pakistan's blasphemy laws was buried on Wednesday after a murder likely to cow further those pushing for a more liberal and secular vision of Pakistani society.

Five hundred Pakistani religious scholars said that anyone who expressed grief over the assassination of Salman Taseer, governor of Punjab province, could suffer the same fate.

Taseer, a liberal politician close to President Asif Ali Zardari, had championed the cause of a Christian woman sentenced to death under the blasphemy laws which critics say are used to target religious minorities, often to settle personal scores.

His killing in broad daylight at a shopping centre in Islamabad Tuesday showed how difficult, and how dangerous, it would be to roll back a tide of religious conservatism which is growing in strength in the Muslim country of 170 million.

Taseer was killed by one of his guards, who said he was incensed by the politician's opposition to the blasphemy laws, in a parking lot at a block of shops popular with foreigners.

Interior Minister Rehman Malik said the bodyguard who killed Taseer, identified as Malik Mumtaz Hussain Qadri, confessed and had been arrested. He is a member of an elite police force.

After leaving the court, Qadri shouted: "In the service of the Prophet, death is acceptable." Taseer was shot 14 times from a distance of about six feet (2 metres), said a spokesman for the hospital where he was treated.
"treated?"

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
mmm, possibly more like "Great job! Here's a band-aid and some ghee sweets."

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
No, not the scientists...they need their nukes... They know the value of science as long as it's subordinate to religion and the religious authorities, and gives the heirarchy control over people and information.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
No, not the scientists...they need their nukes... They know the value of science as long as it's subordinate to religion and the religious authorities, and gives the heirarchy control over people and information.
i present to you "the nexus of science & religion"