Quantcast

Is it the weekend yet? Day 1? Confusion has set in.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Zoo in the morning, study until then.

Whole bunch of Wifey's family, including 94y/o Grandma, arrived late last night. Their Air BNB has a door code and the owner never sent them the code. Apparently they paid a few weeks ago and upon getting off the plane last night, had a message from the owner that taxes for the rental needed to be paid before they would provide the code. When I went to bed they had been on the phone for over an hour with AirBNB trying to get it sorted. At point, they were ready to pay, they just needed to get Gma into a house and to sleep, but for some reason AirBNB couldn't take the charge over the phone because it wasn't considered legitimate, but the owner wouldn't provide the door code until paid, effectively blackmailing them into paying. And they couldn't get into the account because they accidentally locked themselves out of the account, but when they called to get it reset and complained about the fee, it got flagged as illegitimate, so even when they got on, they couldn't pay it. Giant fucking mess.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I should do stuff today. Still tired from vacation, 2 days in a row in test labs this week didn't help, especially when one is a 2 hour drive each way.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
had a nice dinner out last night, first one since the pandemic broke out. Was nice but the wife doesn't drink anymore, so as soon as the meal was over we sprinted out of there....I would have stalled for a bit and another round...

oh well, I should get a ride in today

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
had a nice dinner out last night, first one since the pandemic broke out. Was nice but the wife doesn't drink anymore, so as soon as the meal was over we sprinted out of there....I would have stalled for a bit and another round...

oh well, I should get a ride in today
Not gonna lie, since I stopped drinking, it has been really nice. No hangovers, no morning grogginess, no excess calories, and the cost savings are nice. Instead of sitting around having drinks after dinner, if it's just the two of us we'll just go walk around aimlessly for a while. Just bubbly water at home, flat water out (sometimes Pelegrino).

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Not gonna lie, since I stopped drinking, it has been really nice. No hangovers, no morning grogginess, no excess calories, and the cost savings are nice. Instead of sitting around having drinks after dinner, if it's just the two of us we'll just go walk around aimlessly for a while. Just bubbly water at home, flat water out (sometimes Pelegrino).
///Sober

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Driving out to pick up my oldest from his 2 week stay at sleep away camp. 2 hours each way. I hope he doesn't fight with his little brother on the drive home...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
poop from the chair, bro

alpha

I am working this weekend. 7A-5P x both days.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
nothing wrong with not drinking! All the reasons you listed are totally valid. I just wanted to spend more time with her, and more time away from home. I could take or leave the extra beer, but absolutely wanted another 30 minutes of just the two of us. She seemed to be a hurry to get home, while I was the opposite.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
F-ing fire out by Woodfords/Markleeville is now over 6600ac. Son is fighting it with his crew, among others, and we have ash on our driveway. Very smoky/unhealthy air. Had to cancel the Death Ride and evacuate the area. We are safe, though very concerned.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
F-ing fire out by Woodfords/Markleeville is now over 6600ac. Son is fighting it with his crew, among others, and we have ash on our driveway. Very smoky/unhealthy air. Had to cancel the Death Ride and evacuate the area. We are safe, though very concerned.
Yeesh...... Good luck dude, may the winds be in your favor. Shaping up to be another fire season for the record books.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Yeah that fire is nucking futz. That's my go to fishing area. Something tells me that I am not fishing/camping there next weekend. And tomorrow we are forecast the have thunderstorms and dry lightning throughout the southern Cascades and Northern Sierra's. Whole area in under a fire weather watch with high 90s temps, wind and low humidity. Bad juju

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hey @Pesqueeb , have you been taking the Leaf up to Denver or do you revert to the CX-5? You got the Plus, right?

You can always swing by my house for free juice if in a pinch and out on the plains. We've got 10 kW EVSE there, too.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Hey @Pesqueeb , have you been taking the Leaf up to Denver or do you revert to the CX-5? You got the Plus, right?

You can always swing by my house for free juice if in a pinch and out on the plains. We've got 10 kW EVSE there, too.
We took the Leaf. It's good for round trip, plus some moderate puttzing about town with the AC on, without having to charge. I'll keep you in mind though. The round trip is a much closer shave in winter temps. Appreciate the offer, will trade you Thai food for electrons.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Kennebunkport, ME is a shit show.
keep going on up to the pemaquid/camden area. eees nice. keep in mind that on average maine is the "oldest" state in the country.

15yo finished up in-car driving. needs to make an appt at the dmv for permit test.

hot n hoomid here. sanding kiddo's furniture to repaint, as well as kids' bathroom cabinets. squeezed in a short ride with the 11yo. t'was nice.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
house sitting/dog sitting....

watering plants and rubbing dog bellies for next 8 days....

i spent more than i wanted while on vacation...but atleast i was comfortable....

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Tacos and beverages consumed. 96* outside. 69* in the camper Gotta love AC

Oh and the show ends at 1pm tomorrow which means I will have time to hit Bass Pro in Manteca on the way home and buy more fly fishing gear :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Last edited: