Quantcast

Is it the weekend yet? Day 1? Confusion has set in.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Holy hell what a day. Lil Man turns 8 on Monday so we had a gig today. My daughter showed up, haven't seen or spoken to here in almost 4 years? It's been a while. We spoke, it was good. I hope to speak again. It was really nice.

Then we get home and find out the wife's nephew has come out. We've always known, but never said anything. He said he was waiting for his brother to finish high school so his life didn't suck for him his senior year. Being gay in a small redneck town would be rough. Half the fam seems cool so far, dad's side not so much.

I'm gonna have a beer now.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Well, that was super fun. Rode Maryland Mountain with a buddy, hard Money is legit. Nice trail building going on up there. Some decent cruisers, too. Good times.
internesting. two ex-nc mountain buddies rode there today too (one moved to wy, the other co). they were both fast as hell. see any other peeps out there? maybe on a nomad and an enduro?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Spent the last few days in Bandon, OR. Sweet little coastal town with killer not crowded beaches and 60 degree weather. Then I found a mtb specific trail system called Whiskey Run that delivers the goods. Very well laid out trails. 10/10 would bang again. This place has lots going for it except jobs.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
We took the Leaf. It's good for round trip, plus some moderate puttzing about town with the AC on, without having to charge. I'll keep you in mind though. The round trip is a much closer shave in winter temps. Appreciate the offer, will trade you Thai food for electrons.
Not a fair trade, more electrons in Thai food.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Spent the last few days in Bandon, OR. Sweet little coastal town with killer not crowded beaches and 60 degree weather. Then I found a mtb specific trail system called Whiskey Run that delivers the goods. Very well laid out trails. 10/10 would bang again. This place has lots going for it except jobs.
Pipe down, you. All of western Oregon is a filthy antifa infested hellhole. Don't you be telling people otherwise. Nothing to see here.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Rode a new to me trail. Sent a bunch of lines I normally would have never ridden blind, but I was always coming in too fast. Speed is the cause and solution to all of life's problems.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Not yet. But it is on my scenic route to Shasta road trip itinerary for this summer. Assuming that the world out here isn't on fire in a few weeks.
Man it's like Duthie Hill for Coastal Oregon. What a great spot and the Seven Devils beach is minutes away. U R Luckee