Quantcast

Is Japanese Gulch a good ride?

darenp

Chimp
Mar 22, 2007
I have never been there before, and was wondering if it is worth driving up from seattle? If so where can I get a trail map?

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
oh hey dont hate on my local trails.

Any trail is worth a 30min. drive to give it a test run in my oppinion. I have met plenty of people who traveled an hour to get to the gultch.

The only warning I have for you is that its not maintained much on the singletracks anymore but their still rideable and fun (I enjoy them). The most up-kept things are the DJs and ladders. New drops and jumps are put in all the time, since the young guns are the only ones really riding the trails daily.

Might be worth a shot to check out, but I'd suggest a local to show you around so you get what you want. I've ridden the trails for over 4 years and still havent gone on all of them.

Jun 18, 2004
I like the Gultch... it's best when it's dry though...

Pm a local or try the BBTC webpage to ride w/somebody that knows the place (to get the most bang for your buck)

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Or you could just send me a PM.

:-D
...Always looking for new people to ride with. (my friends all quit on me)

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
I would just chill at sst if you live in seattle, plenty o' single track, beter djs, and the flow park. The If you get bored there head out to tolt or something. Japanese gulch is good if you live 5 min away and are tired of st eddie's (which I also recommend you check out before the gulch).

and they're my local trails too so you can't say i'm hatin, I just tellin the truth.

peace.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
No maps out there that I've ever seen. I've seen a few GPS tracks over the years though.
Basically, it's a bunch of trails on both sides of the railroad access to the Boeing field up at Paine Field. Try both sides, there's probably 14 miles total in there and fully worth the trip to try it out.

But, it seems to me that most people here just circuit the bropark over and over again.....

Best time is July-Sept when the Nettles have died or been whacked back and the trails are drier.

Could be so much better if some riders started doing maintenance in there again.

soreyes

Chimp
Mar 22, 2007
that site doesn't really justify all of the gultch in my oppinion, plus theirs no pics. I tried to edit it and add pics but I was unsuccessful :-/
Let me know what you want to add and I can add it for you. Or maybe I can help you with your edit issue. The site is a pretty cool concept. You can add whatever you need to make the page best represent the trail.

I think someone should add some of the other North areas like Arlington, Goss Lake Woods, and Ft Ebey. I could start the pages, but i don't know enough about the places to add much detailed info.