Quantcast

Is Johnny Weir Gay?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Enquiring minds want to know...

No joke, he is a beautiful skater and I watched with awe. I don't even like figure skating.

Kopiklokoli

Monkey
Jul 31, 2004
Nor Cal, of course
Yeah I think he is, I was watching an interview with him before the actual coverage of the event started, and he struck me as gay. They were shpwing some of the outfits he walks around in, and I really couldnt imagine a straight guy doing that. That was just one example, but yes i think he's gay.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Yessss he is, and he admits it which makes the people as USA fig skating unhappy....they like to pretend the male skaters are all straight

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
lonewolfe said:
Do you think any less of him as a skater if he is gay? It should not make any difference at all.
Well, it would be shocking if there was actually a gay figure skater...

Frankly, it is pretty obvious, but what I find interesting is how NBC and the other major outlets seem to skip over that very obvious fact.

I found this article which talked about "straight-washing": http://www.washingtonblade.com/2006/2-10/view/editorial/e1.cfm

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
sanjuro said:
Enquiring minds want to know...

No joke, he is a beautiful skater and I watched with awe. I don't even like figure skating.
I know you hope in your heart that he is gay, but face it even if he is you dont have a chance. Jest because you want him that does not mean you can.

But cheer up you live in SF there are alot of peopl like you were you live.

lonewolfe

Monkey
Nov 14, 2002
Bay Area
I think that this was a dumb thread to begin with. Who cares if the guy is gay or not. That is his business. He is skating for the US Team and we should support him for his abilities as a skater, not his sexual preference. I think that whenever you have somebody ranting about a person being gay it is an indication that this person is not all that secure with their own sexuality and probably has some unresolved sexual issues to face up to.

elRey

Turbo Monkey
lonewolfe said:
I think that this was a dumb thread to begin with. Who cares if the guy is gay or not. That is his business. He is skating for the US Team and we should support him for his abilities as a skater, not his sexual preference. I think that whenever you have somebody ranting about a person being gay it is an indication that this person is not all that secure with their own sexuality and probably has some unresolved sexual issues to face up to.
whos ranting?

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
I don't care who's gay and who isn't. I may be a closed minded a*hole, but I've always assumed that male figure skaters were gay. My bad.

I think the bigger question here is.... Which American Figure Skater is not gay? anyone....anyone....?

BSEVEER

Monkey
Dec 23, 2004
SoCal
sanjuro said:
Well, it would be shocking if there was actually a gay figure skater...

Frankly, it is pretty obvious, but what I find interesting is how NBC and the other major outlets seem to skip over that very obvious fact.

I found this article which talked about "straight-washing": http://www.washingtonblade.com/2006/2-10/view/editorial/e1.cfm
Why should they point out the fact that someone is gay? They shouldn't be pointing out anyone's preference, gay or straight.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
BSEVEER said:
Why should they point out the fact that someone is gay? They shouldn't be pointing out anyone's preference, gay or straight.
Exactly. It doesn't matter for ****. Right Kadvang?

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Hmmmm...Seem to have touched a nerve. I'll bet you;re gay....

Johnny Weir is a rebel. He said so. He's shaking up the figure skating establishment....groan

lonewolfe said:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
That chick named Johnny is actually a dude?

...I better rethink some things.

Anyway, he's a real jackass if anyone watched his little thing last night. He was all like "People are just afraid of the next revolutionary thing that's going to come out of my mouth"

...uh...revolutionary? Like what, sissy?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
BurlyShirley said:
Anyway, he's a real jackass if anyone watched his little thing last night. He was all like "People are just afraid of the next revolutionary thing that's going to come out of my mouth"

...uh...revolutionary? Like what, sissy?
He said all you red state southern Republicans are scared of him. What are you afraid of, Burly? Hater.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
First I don't think it matters that he is gay!!!
Second I don't think it matters that he acts gay!!!
I watched his short program? it was pretty damn amazing!!! the guy is a phenomenal skater, and looks more gracefull than many of the women skaters.

Having said that I think that his flamboyant nature is quite amusing in a "boy is this guy easy to make fun of" kinda way!!!

OH, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him get implants and skate in the next olympics as a woman!!!

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I Are Baboon said:
He said all you red state southern Republicans are scared of him. What are you afraid of, Burly? Hater.
I dunno. Im not a republican. And Im not a born southerner, but If I were both, he still wouldnt be big enough to rape me, and its not like he's going to impregnate my daughter.

...seems pretty harmless really.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
BSEVEER said:
HAHA. Then you would be ignoring the totally obvious. If you think living in SF I need RM's help to figure out if someone is gay, you probably think Weir is straight.

I think it is funny that he is openly gay. Do you have a problem with openly gay people? Sounds like it...

J

JRB

I saw his name on 'Today' this morning. Since I don't have to ask who he is, I ask "who cares"???

I saw that Bode Miller, now that I know who is is, messed up again.

Again, why does it matter if he is gay??? Why start a thread about it??? This is way more stupid than our "funny to us" threads.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
TheMontashu said:
I know you hope in your heart that he is gay, but face it even if he is you dont have a chance. Jest because you want him that does not mean you can.

But cheer up you live in SF there are alot of peopl like you were you live.
You know, you look like a young Johnny Weir...

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i like how in the interview, he takes a shot at "repulican" type people. i don't like the guy. and those D&G glasses he was wearing...good god. i was watching the US Nationals and was hoping the guy with the matador outfit would do good in the Olympics.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
Once again, I think it would be more shocking to find out a male figure skater was not gay.

BSEVEER

Monkey
Dec 23, 2004
SoCal
sanjuro said:
HAHA. Then you would be ignoring the totally obvious. If you think living in SF I need RM's help to figure out if someone is gay, you probably think Weir is straight.

I think it is funny that he is openly gay. Do you have a problem with openly gay people? Sounds like it...

The totally obvious is ignored all the time. People don't usually coment on someones preference unless they are gay. I think Weir is straight? It was obvious he was gay after seeing him on TV for about 5 seconds. You missed my point, I don't have a problem with gay people weather they are open or not.