Quantcast

Is Lance Canfield Worthless?

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Some people like Canfield frames, but mistakenly I threw Statement in the DVD player the other night and watched him say something like "If you're not stylish, you're worthless" and then watched him ragdoll at the Rampage. :clue:

Seems like a tool.

J

JRB

Some of my homies from Austin rode with him at Fruita (I think it was Fruita) a couple of weeks ago. They all said he was really cool.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Nah, he's cool in person... I was hanging out with a big group of people at Redbull, didn't learn who he was until afterwards. No attitude, no pompus BS (like others out there), just a dude who loves bikes chilling out...

The video - that was probably just the editor having fun at his expense.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Slugman said:
The video - that was probably just the editor having fun at his expense.
I think Thor Wixom is a tool as well, but that's another thread... There were a couple guys on there who spoke of riding as their passion and to ride as if today was your last chance which was very cool, and they get to Lance and his "statement" about riding was to be stylish or don't do it at all...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I don't know him, but his frames are pure sex.

Besides, style is subjective. I have plenty of style, but it's never "in", so I will never matter.

A.P

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
boston
Statement is probably the worst conglomeration of sound and video I literally have ever seen, but thats another point. Im just glad Thor Wixom stopped making movies. Anyhow, the statement made by Lance was a bit dumb but im sure prompted by Thor and his quest for everyones "statements" Lance canfield is by far from having an abundance of style (judging by his part in statement). but the fact that he crashed has nothing to do with his style. You can be the most stylish cat on the planet but everyone eats **** now and again.

Chase Hawk once said: "If you have bad style, you should quit riding" But his style is in as few words possible...is really ****ing good.

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
SoCal Supermarket Shelves
stinkyboy said:
Some people like Canfield frames, but mistakenly I threw Statement in the DVD player the other night and watched him say something like "If you're not stylish, you're worthless" and then watched him ragdoll at the Rampage. :clue:

Seems like a tool.
Worse yet, he's a tool with a little skill. When he first emigrated to Grand Junction, a bunch of big drops started getting poached in the Lunch Loops area, one visible from Monument Road that cross-cut Curt's Lane. Being a true tool, he didn't know/care that the area BLM manager, a true MTB hater, hikes that area almost daily. Fueling the fire of that skank's hate for MTBers is definitely the work of a true narcissistic tool. He's lucky I never caught him poaching up there.

J

JRB

MisterClean rawks. I love when he shows up. He is always the voice of optimism.

Do you know him, Clean??? Didn't you poach a short cut line in a thread not too long ago???

May 12, 2006
Huntington Beach, CA
It doesn't matter if you have style or not. If you ride, that's all that matters. Some people are born with style and some aren't. It doesn't make them any better than the next person. Our passion is the same: riding.

If Lance really said that, then he speaks before he thinks, and we all do that sometimes as well.

flymybike

Monkey
Jan 7, 2004
Jackson Hole
So the question Thor asked was "When your filming for a MTB video, what did I think was the most important aspect". I reponded style thinking of all the recent films with rider throwing sick tricks. I admit rather poor delivery and not really showing style in my riding either. I didn't mean to piss anyone off or to diminish anyone elses riding. I felt like I was quoted out of context but that's what I get. Live and learn.

Misterclean- your implication that I was poaching/ promoting off trail riding is just not true. I never built anything on lunch loop. For lack of a better discription, it's far to high profile for any play riding. The Bookcliff moto area was far better for that.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
flymybike said:
So the question Thor asked was "When your filming for a MTB video, what did I think was the most important aspect".
So Thor IS a tool! :rofl:

Just throwing it out there Lance. It did seem kinda random, and I know much changes in the editing room.

:thumb:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
jimmydean said:
Wow, stinky with the ass kiss comeback. Very nice touch.

Nice to see you in the lounge, Lance.
Should I continue to berate a man who says Wixom is lame?

(And golly, maybe he'll send me some stickers!)

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
flymybike said:
So the question Thor asked was "When your filming for a MTB video, what did I think was the most important aspect". I reponded style thinking of all the recent films with rider throwing sick tricks. I admit rather poor delivery and not really showing style in my riding either. I didn't mean to piss anyone off or to diminish anyone elses riding. I felt like I was quoted out of context but that's what I get. Live and learn.

Misterclean- your implication that I was poaching/ promoting off trail riding is just not true. I never built anything on lunch loop. For lack of a better discription, it's far to high profile for any play riding. The Bookcliff moto area was far better for that.
It's nice having people in the industry around here. Make a 8.5" travel bike with a sub 14" BB and I'd ride your bikes.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
stinkyboy said:
Pucker up, I'm sure he'll spend a lot of time here!
I just think it's cool to see industry folks poost in places like the lounge (rather than just posting to DH or something) is all. As I said, I don't know the man, but I'm a serious fan of his bikes.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Sherpa said:
It's nice having people in the industry around here. Make a 8.5" travel bike with a sub 14" BB and I'd ride your bikes.
Hey Lance...do you guys have any tryoutable frames up in Layton?

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
I agree with Lance. For the longest time the only MTBers throwing tricks had the wackest style ever. See Tyler Klassen in Kranked 5, for example, knees and elbows everywhere. Gross. Since then Klassen has smoothed out a ton, and the whole scene has gotten smoother and better. There's still too many bowlegged-kickout attempts for my taste, but things will get better. MTBing is still pretty awkward, kinda like FMX.

In BMX, it's widely known that style isn't something that you do, it's something that happens when you ride your bike like you mean it.

MisterClean

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
SoCal Supermarket Shelves
flymybike said:
Misterclean- your implication that I was poaching/ promoting off trail riding is just not true. I never built anything on lunch loop.
I never said you built anything. If it was not you who crosscut Curt's Lane on that 20' drop, then pray tell who it was? I know it wasn't that hack Ryan from Ruby Canyon.

flymybike

Monkey
Jan 7, 2004
Jackson Hole
MisterClean said:
I never said you built anything. If it was not you who crosscut Curt's Lane on that 20' drop, then pray tell who it was? I know it wasn't that hack Ryan from Ruby Canyon.
Where is Curt's lane? I like 20 foot drops! :love:
Theres no need to be like that. I know Ryan and he is no hack. He rips and is a nice guy too. Hacking for no reason, is that what Jesus would do? :rofl:

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Mister Dirty is a troll who insulted 75% of the people on this board by telling them a riding style they participated in required no skills...don't sweat him, Lance.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
flymybike said:
Where is Curt's lane? I like 20 foot drops! :love:
Theres no need to be like that. I know Ryan and he is no hack. He rips and is a nice guy too. Hacking for no reason, is that what Jesus would do? :rofl:
Dude - don't even bother with MisterClean. He post some great ride reports sometimes, but otherwise can be a total asshat.

EDIT - Damn!!! sniped by Blue!