Quantcast

Is Lance finally busted?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I don't see why he couldn't go into business selling home-doping kits.

tomasis7

stroganoff
Nov 5, 2014
Electronic bong-shed LEGAL
It's amazing he is keeping going on.

In his place, I'd flee away from people and hide myself on top of mountain and living ascetic's life.

His presence demonstrates what my signature is telling. I learnt more of the event than Lance himself. I admit that Lance's optimism impresses me.

Last edited:
It's amazing he is keeping going on.

In his place, I'd flee away from people and hide myself on top of mountain and living ascetic's life.

His presence demonstrates what my signature is telling. I learnt more of the event than Lance himself. I admit that Lance's optimism impresses me.
OK, I'll bite, if I read Deleuze is it going to be soporific or engaging?

tomasis7

stroganoff
Nov 5, 2014
OK, I'll bite, if I read Deleuze is it going to be soporific or engaging?
I bet on the latter. Even if I feel exhausted after reading a few pages, he said that he wants keep readers on their toes.

Choose any interesting chapter in the book without any order. It is not hard as you think as he comes back on the subject matter several times by using various examples. I like Deleuze because his interest for the metaphysics and his eclectic nature.

If you want a warmup before reading, there are plenty of youtubes to watch on or other's comments on Deleuze. Claire Colebrook is quite good (http://cylab.info/u/JQ/colebrook_claire_understanding deleuze.pdf)

Good luck!

I bet on the latter. Even if I feel exhausted after reading a few pages, he said that he wants keep readers on their toes.

Choose any interesting chapter in the book without any order. It is not hard as you think as he comes back on the subject matter several times by using various examples. I like Deleuze because his interest for the metaphysics and his eclectic nature.

If you want a warmup before reading, there are plenty of youtubes to watch on or other's comments on Deleuze. Claire Colebrook is quite good (http://cylab.info/u/JQ/colebrook_claire_understanding deleuze.pdf)

Good luck!

I ordered it. My to-read stack is large, but I'll get to it.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
It's very anti lance from the script. Look at the poster. I doubt they are going to portrey him as a good guy ;)
Oh I got that part. The idea of paying to watch a movie about Lanth in any light, be it positively or negatively, makes my skin crawl. It's like being connected to or involved with the scam in some weird way.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I ordered it. My to-read stack is large, but I'll get to it.
I get that you're retired and all, but seriously? Ain't nobody got time for dat! I stayed as far away from the theory shit in grad school as I could. Derrida, Deleuze, Foucault, et al can go mentally masturbate themselves in the fantasy worlds of their own minds until the fsm comes to rescue them from their own delusions as far as i'm concerned. One hour one your bike is > 100 hours reading that garbage.

tomasis7

stroganoff
Nov 5, 2014
I get that you're retired and all, but seriously? Ain't nobody got time for dat! I stayed as far away from the theory shit in grad school as I could. Derrida, Deleuze, Foucault, et al can go mentally masturbate themselves in the fantasy worlds of their own minds until the fsm comes to rescue them from their own delusions as far as i'm concerned. One hour one your bike is > 100 hours reading that garbage.
If everyone does what you suggest, all become Lance Armstrong.

It doesn't look good. :p

I'm deeply suspicious of the whole deconstructionist stream of babble; I regard it as what, academic Dada, but I'll take a stab at reading anything. My reading time does not in any way cut into my biking time except very occasionally when some piece, usually fiction, manages to grab me.

Don't get me started on graduate programs - they're a sustained circle jerk.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Oh I got that part. The idea of paying to watch a movie about Lanth in any light, be it positively or negatively, makes my skin crawl. It's like being connected to or involved with the scam in some weird way.
I have no problems with it as long as he doesn't profit from it. Especially that it's a movie from a very good director and it will give justice to the only journalist who called Lance a cheat WHEN HE WAS RACING. So i think it's good if more people see it and he is vindicated after years of being crapped on.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm deeply suspicious of the whole deconstructionist stream of babble; I regard it as what, academic Dada, but I'll take a stab at reading anything. My reading time does not in any way cut into my biking time except very occasionally when some piece, usually fiction, manages to grab me.

Don't get me started on graduate programs - they're a sustained circle jerk.
Are you saying that undergraduate philosophy is somehow worthy?

tomasis7

stroganoff
Nov 5, 2014
I'm deeply suspicious of the whole deconstructionist stream of babble; I regard it as what, academic Dada,
I quote him about what is philosophy in general. You notice that most things presented "rationally" but in novel-tic manner.

QUOTE from the book "Negotiations" :

""A system's set of concepts. And it's an open system when the concepts relate to circumstances rather than essences. But concepts don't, first of all, turn up ready-made, they don't pre-exist; you have to invent, create concepts, and this involves just as much creation and invention as you find in art and science. Philosophy's job has always been to create new concepts with their own necessity. Because they're not just whatever generalities happen to be in fashion, either. They're singularities, rather, acting on the flows of everyday thought: it's perfectly easy to think without concepts, but as soon as there are concepts, there's genuine philosophy. It's got nothing to do with ideology. A concept's full of a critical, political force of freedom. It's precisely their power as a system that brings out what's good or bad, what is or isn't new, what is or isn't alive in a group of concepts. Nothing's good in itself, it all depends on careful systematic use. ""

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Good for Floyd.
I knew him way back in the day and he was always a good time.
I'll need to look him up when in leadville this summer.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
lol wut?

they got a shitload of exposure, and now they're selling because they won? I mean lance is a cheater and a doper and whatever, but your brand was feckin' everywhere... I do hope the judge considers that when coming up with charges.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
lol wut?

they got a shitload of exposure, and now they're selling because they won? I mean lance is a cheater and a doper and whatever, but your brand was feckin' everywhere... I do hope the judge considers that when coming up with charges.
i do believe part of the sponsorship contract stipulated racing without doping. hence the fraud.

lance's argument is basically "hey, the ends justify the means", which is total BS.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
lol wut?

i do believe part of the sponsorship contract stipulated racing without doping. hence the fraud.

lance's argument is basically "hey, the ends justify the means", which is total BS.
hey, if they can get the exposure, AND get their money back, AND get even more exposure again, then why not?!

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I am still wondering why the hell the US Postal Service was sponsoring a sporting team that operated primarily in foreign countries...why the hell would Postal sponsor a team of any sort anyway?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I am still wondering why the hell the US Postal Service was sponsoring a sporting team that operated primarily in foreign countries...why the hell would Postal sponsor a team of any sort anyway?
I think they were trying to inspire postal workers to move faster.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I think they were trying to inspire postal workers to move faster.
As a fed, I feel sorry for them a lot, when there's only 1 or 2 people working and the system/orgainzation as a whole is just trying to deal with what it's given by congress and what they are appropriated.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
As a fed, I feel sorry for them a lot, when there's only 1 or 2 people working and the system/orgainzation as a whole is just trying to deal with what it's given by congress and what they are appropriated.
My experience with the post system in smaller towns has been excellent. Hard working, friendly and helpful.

My experience in bigger cities (cleveland) has been the stereotypical piece of shit lazy federal employee.