Quantcast

Is Progressive's CS this good?

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Okay, Today I killed my shock. It looked like a scene from a bike horror movie. Oil everywhere, the shaft was almost coming out. It was bad, but it was a long time in the making.

Anywho, I am not the first owner, so this isn't a warrenty issue, But do you think it is at all possible for me to send it in tomorrow, the fastest way possible (Which would be?) and have them rebuild it and send it back by thursday?

I am leaving for N* on thursday afternoon and I can still leave friday morning though. I live in chico so it should be a fast shipment, no?

bushwacker

Monkey
Aug 21, 2003
Norcal :/
If my recent rebuild is any indication you have no chance.
It took them 18 days to start working on my shock after they had received it. Mine was a warranty repair. Maybe if you pay $$ they treat you better.

odiwik

Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
You would have to call and ask, but that is asking an aweful lot of them, imo...

Progressive's customer service is ****ing awesome, regardless; it's the main reason I am sticking with them for my rear suspension.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
hey but if youre not sending it in for warranty, then why not look somewhere else and have it fixed by a good mechanic?

i mean there has to be more options right?

WheelieMan

Monkey
Feb 6, 2003
kol-uh-RAD-oh
vitox said:
hey but if youre not sending it in for warranty, then why not look somewhere else and have it fixed by a good mechanic?

i mean there has to be more options right?
I didn't know it was possible for anyone but Progressive to rebuild shocks. :confused:

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
WheelieMan said:
I didn't know it was possible for anyone but Progressive to rebuild shocks. :confused:

the only shock thats REALLY difficult to do yourself is romic, and thats only because of the way they pressurize it, the internals are complex but its not rocket science.

edit:

obviously, if you have damaged something major you will be out of luck if you dont have access to spare parts, but chances are high you can get away with a careful disassembly and reassembly plus an oring change

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
The place I was going to send it in to be rebuilt was in southern cali, Cause its a (progressive service center) And other places around sacromento that could fix it?

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
Call Progressive tommorow and explain your situation. Hopefully, they will help you out. If you do send it to them, make sure they have your cell number to athorize the repairs after they have a look at it. It's hard for them to quote how much it will take to fix it until they see the shock unless it is just a straight up rebuild.

HippeyTech is also an option. That said, I would try progressive first.

Bullit21

Monkey
May 14, 2003
Socal
chicodude01 said:
Okay, Today I killed my shock. It looked like a scene from a bike horror movie. Oil everywhere, the shaft was almost coming out. It was bad, but it was a long time in the making.

Anywho, I am not the first owner, so this isn't a warrenty issue, But do you think it is at all possible for me to send it in tomorrow, the fastest way possible (Which would be?) and have them rebuild it and send it back by thursday?

I am leaving for N* on thursday afternoon and I can still leave friday morning though. I live in chico so it should be a fast shipment, no?

Chico,

When you call, ask for Nate. He hooked me up with a 3 day turnaround when I was heading out for Whistler but mine was a warranty issue on a fairly new bike. If anyone can help, Nate is the guy, he was cool as hell.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Bullit21 said:
Chico,

When you call, ask for Nate. He hooked me up with a 3 day turnaround when I was heading out for Whistler but mine was a warranty issue on a fairly new bike. If anyone can help, Nate is the guy, he was cool as hell.

Well, I just ended up buying a new shock....And avy in fact.

I'll still send it into them for a rebuild

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
ChrisKring said:
HippeyTech is also an option. That said, I would try progressive first.
I sent my shock to hippie tech.

It took them three weeks to respond to my numerous emails and phone calls to even tell me that they recieved my shock.

I understand people are busy, but I get very annoyed when nobody will answer the phone or return my calls/emails for several weeks.

In their defense, he said he was trying to find someone to handle the office duties since he was so backed up fixing shocks. Shock worked well when it finally showed up too.

Thankfully it was for a bike I was getting ready to sell, and not wanting to ride.