Quantcast

Is Putin Right to be Pissed?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i thought this was a thread about the merits of drinking on the job.

carry on...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Screw Putin.

I heard some former KGB guy on NPR about a week ago going on about him...I mean beyond the human rights stuff, murders of journalists, etc. Apparently he was named Time's man of the year recently, and in the article, it mentioned that he has a personal worth of some couple billion dollars. KGB guy noted this and said that Putin has never done any business work, has always been involved in Gov't as a career...so, how is it that he has earned these "billions" ? Government salaries are reportedly as modest over there as they are here.
Answer is, he is just a total crook...just like the rest of them. Does he have a right to be pissed? Who cares what his "rights" are when he doesnt recognize the rights of others.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Screw Putin.

I heard some former KGB guy on NPR about a week ago going on about him...I mean beyond the human rights stuff, murders of journalists, etc. Apparently he was named Time's man of the year recently, and in the article, it mentioned that he has a personal worth of some couple billion dollars. KGB guy noted this and said that Putin has never done any business work, has always been involved in Gov't as a career...so, how is it that he has earned these "billions" ? Government salaries are reportedly as modest over there as they are here.
Answer is, he is just a total crook...just like the rest of them. Does he have a right to be pissed? Who cares what his "rights" are when he doesnt recognize the rights of others.
Agree totally.

Most Russians (ethnic Russians, that is) like him though...it's an abusive relationship at its finest.