Quantcast

Is Ridemonkey a ripoff???

schweino1

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
can you post a copy of the article, i cant access that link due to content permissions... (sports, chat)

thanx

J

JRB

schweino1 said:
can you post a copy of the article, i cant access that link due to content permissions... (sports, chat)

thanx
Contents of the RideMonkey.com: Rippoff? thread:

hebrew_rider
is this site, http://www.ridemonkey.com a rippoff, or is it related to bikeforums.net?
gastro
What do you mean, rippoff(sic)? Like they stole the idea for an online cycling forum from bikeforums?
Chuvak
haha. Last time i checked forums topics weren't patented. Why ridemonky in particular? But if you think it’s a rip-off, so is every e-mail provider….
Joe
Have you looked at PerformanceBike.com?
MeHT
If you're referring to the forum structure - it's vBulletin in both cases. It's a commercial forum engine sold by Jelsoft. I don't really see the logic in calling forums with the same engine rip-offs. :rolleyes:
Maelstrom
If you're referring to the forum structure - it's vBulletin in both cases. It's a commercial forum engine sold by Jelsoft. I don't really see the logic in calling forums with the same engine rip-offs. :rolleyes:

Exactly. And if you look at it closely, it isn't. None of the content is similar and the way the site is run is different, colours are differetn, graphics are different and heck the topics are 90% focuses to mountain biking ONLY...this site has one small forum for mountain biking. Heck the crowd is completely different too...

Only thin similar is vbulletin, which is a paid for product.
Previous Thread - Next Thread

About BikeForums.net (Thread: RideMonkey.com: Rippoff?)
Launched in 1999, BikeForums.net has become one of the largest bicycle discussion forums in the world. From learning to ride a bike, to touring the world and everything else, you can find what you are looking for with over twenty-five thousand other active forum members.

J

JRB

I don't know him. I never posted there. I just saw it on Google, so I thought I would share.

J

JRB

This thread is so dumb I tried to ignore myself and got this message -

vBulletin Message

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
loco said:
This thread is so dumb I tried to ignore myself and got this message -

vBulletin Message

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.
you can always hack into Burly Shirleys account and browse with his. i think his password is LocoIsGhey. :dancing: