Quantcast

Is sodorstrum alive?

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Anybody at Crankworx right now? Sodorstrums crash was...pretty intense. Is he ok?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Video? My google-fu isn't up to snuff apparently.

Edit: interwebs say broken tibia and fibia. :(

Last edited:

lockstock

Monkey
Mar 6, 2007
Seen a vid (not on the web) that suggests tib+fib fractured.
Not nice...

Props to Soderstrom really great all around rider, shredding at whip off worlds, pumptrack and Joyride. Effortless style

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Pinkbike states that his tib and fib are certainly broken.

Hope he heals up from this, he's a great rider to watch and has that effortless steeze on a bike that you can't fake or learn.

bismojo

Monkey
May 5, 2009
I heard that bryn and a photographer (tim?) also injured.. Any details? Get well soon guys..

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
There is a footage on PB where you can see how he did brake his leg in close up... not going to post the link as I am no a fan on such carnage... look for it on your own, if you want ;)

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Agreed, there's no need to post that footage, especially not in slowmo. Or at least have a warning. Ruined the video for me, which was awesome till that point.

Hope he makes a quick and full recovery. He's in good hands with Redbull I suppose.

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
Ummm, it's not like someone died or got gravely injured and we need to avoid it out of respect......

He broke his leg. I'd love it if I had footage of me breaking my collarbone and two ribs last year, or my wrist the year before. Hell, the dude's probably watched the slow mo several times already to both see what he did wrong, and the break. Guy jumps off cliffs and tricks massive jumps for a living and we're worried about seeing a non-life threatening injury the same way we view slow mo replays of guys getting ktfo in mma or boxing.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Ummm, it's not like someone died or got gravely injured and we need to avoid it out of respect......
Guy jumps off cliffs and tricks massive jumps for a living and we're worried about seeing a non-life threatening injury the same way we view slow mo replays of guys getting ktfo in mma or boxing.
except I choose not to watch MMA and boxing sh!t caus' I'm not interested in watching that. PB pretty much never posts footage of carnage. I'd have liked a warning at least. that's all.

atrokz

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2002
teedotohdot
Then don't watch the old NWD series! Lots of crash segments there!

I used to train MT and BJJ, so very used to seeing it up close and personal.