Quantcast

Is the Hobby Park DS still around?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
it's still there, just needs a little TLC. everything is rideable though. i may actually be heading to gainseville, Ga this weekend to see my brother but if not, i'll try and meet you guys.

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
Yep still there. It is in ok shape. We will still have the race in Sept. I'm trying to decide whether to redo the course or not since there don't seem to be any other races I'm kinda wondering what kind of turnout we'll have.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
spoke80 said:
4X race?????

I know two who will be there.
I don't think it's physically possible to run a 4X at Hobby unless they reroute it or cut down some trees.
I like having a true DS race mixed in with the 4X and 2X races.
With Charlotte off of the map it would be cool to include Hobby in the Maxxis series.
We're working on trying to get something together at Chuck's this summer.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Mikedsx said:
Yep still there. It is in ok shape. We will still have the race in Sept. I'm trying to decide whether to redo the course or not since there don't seem to be any other races I'm kinda wondering what kind of turnout we'll have.
If you want any help just let me know when and I'll do my best to be there.

I think it would be sweet to fun a "2x" have set lanes in the woods and then after the big table out of the woods let it be 4x style.

The course is definetly rideable, just not race ready. I might be able to make it out this weekend. When you gonna be there?

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
escapeartist said:
I think it would be sweet to fun a "2x" have set lanes in the woods and then after the big table out of the woods let it be 4x style.

The course is definetly rideable, just not race ready. I might be able to make it out this weekend. When you gonna be there?
I think the course would be improved if it's run as a DS in the woods then after the table(Used to be a step down, is it that worn?) it becomes a 2X. Change all of the berms into larger single berms. Doing that to the first one would really boost your speed for the uphill step up.

I have to work my riding around the BMX race. So I'm going to ride saturday am early, 8:30ish to @ 11ish. Depending on how everyone feels after the race we'll go back over late afternoon. And on sunday the race ought to be done @ noon latest so we can get a few hours before we hit the road home.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Mikedsx said:
Mike, send me email announcements to organize building there and I can get you a big turnout. I've only got close to 300 people on the MADHRA mailing list you ask me all the time what's going on.

info@madhra.com :stupid:

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
Thanks guys for all the offers of help. When it gets closer to the race date I'll rent the bobcat again and we'll go to town. I guess I've been a little discouraged lately because I can't hit any nationals this year(due to work) and there aren't really any other races(mtnx or ds) to go to. If nothing else comes together maybe we can meet up at our race to try to get something going for 06. The lack of races really sucks. I'm thinking of doing a DH bike class(dual crown only and some kind of weight minimum) any of you dher's interested.

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
I definitely agree. I wish could put on more there but time and money are big issues. We really need more places to put on the races so it doesn't get boring.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Mikedsx said:
Thanks guys for all the offers of help. When it gets closer to the race date I'll rent the bobcat again and we'll go to town. I guess I've been a little discouraged lately because I can't hit any nationals this year(due to work) and there aren't really any other races(mtnx or ds) to go to. If nothing else comes together maybe we can meet up at our race to try to get something going for 06. The lack of races really sucks. I'm thinking of doing a DH bike class(dual crown only and some kind of weight minimum) any of you dher's interested.
That's a great idea and should be done at all races to boost participation. I'd be game.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
JeffD said:
That's a great idea and should be done at all races to boost participation. I'd be game.
You're right. There should be new types of racing and/or classes to keep things interesting.
Maybe changing the name of some of the downhills to superD would get more people to try it. The ETSU campus downhill comes to mind. Call it a SuperD and maybe have 2 people start at the same time. There are places to pass and the last rock section would get interesting with 2 racers fighting it out at the finish.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
A dh bike class would be very appealing to new racers but damn it would be slow.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
bizutch said:
how narrow is your ass? :p You couldn't pass me on that course unless you know how to walk through walls!!! :eviltongu
Well, I was refering to the jeep trail about half way down. The trail could be made to split off and join itself too.
And Butch, nobody can get around your big ass bitch hips :oink:

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Peete said:
Well, I was refering to the jeep trail about half way down. The trail could be made to split off and join itself too.
And Butch, nobody can get around your big ass bitch hips :oink:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, snap!

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
spoke80 said:
A dh bike class would be very appealing to new racers but damn it would be slow.
Same could be said of hardtail DH races but who knows...I think it'd encourage guys to race who don't now b/c of bike limitations.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Just don't let Pete "assk" you a question when he's giving the dance. And lock the bathroom door when you're taking your post coital shower...two's company as far as Peete's concerned.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
JeffD said:
Just don't let Pete "assk" you a question when he's giving the dance. And lock the bathroom door when you're taking your post coital shower...two's company as far as Peete's concerned.
Jeremy already tried that move at Massanutten...didn't work. :rolleyes:

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
JeffD said:
And lock the bathroom door when you're taking your post coital shower...two's company as far as Peete's concerned.
Jeff, I was going to post a comeback but after I typed it I decided it was WAY too gross. I can't believe I offended myself :think:
I guess I'll never live the ass in Wolf thing down ass long ass you are alive.

That's alright, at least I didn't fart at a bon fire during a momentary lull in the conversation. Never do that while wearing hot pink pants with your name on them.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Even Ace Ventura had pants on when he pulled the move, you toucher. You're lucky that Burch has reached the age of majority and the statute of limitations has run.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
JeffD said:
Even Ace Ventura had pants on when he pulled the move, you toucher. You're lucky that Burch has reached the age of majority and the statute of limitations has run.
I see you have a new signature.

What exactly are you pullin'?

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Last call for Hobby before I leave. Anyone make it out on sunday @ noon?

PM me a phone number.

I'd also like to hit CP saturday P.M. if we get out of the race early enough.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
I just wanted to thank everyone who showed up sunday. More people definitely make it more fun.

Country Park was really cool. I wish I had brought the DH bike and the time to work up the nut to try the big gap. Better I didn't since I had a long drive after.
I'll give ya'll a shout the next time I head up that way. And let me know if/when you want to come down and sample Chuck's. We have floor space.