Quantcast

Is the poison ivy worse this year than ever?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
The stuff is every-freekin'-where down here this year. We have taken to spraying weed killer on it along our trails it's so bad.

Nothing like being popped in the face with a bunch of it while riding.

:dead:

PonySoldier

Monkey
May 5, 2004
Woodland Park Colorado
Whats Poison Ivy? :confused:

..On a more serious note.. as a kid I got pushed down an old train embankment in Maryland by my brothers and had the stuff inside my mouth and under one eyelid and over most of my arms, legs, hands and head..it was absolutely the most miserable experience I've had.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
N8 said:
Nothing like being popped in the face with a bunch of it while riding.
Damn, that sounds horrible. Thank god we don't see much of it here in CO. In MO its everywhere. Every year as a kid I would get covered with it. It sucked.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
I don't know if it's better or worse here, but it's everywhere. I was hiking with my nephew a couple of weeks ago and was amazed at the amount I saw along the trails.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
I Are Baboon said:
:stupid:

I got a mosquito bite on my leg the other day though. It itched.
They're the real problem. Since we've moved near the lake, I've noticed a huge increase in the amount of skeeters. I'm swarmed everytime I go out in the evening. :(

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
BikeGeek said:
They're the real problem. Since we've moved near the lake, I've noticed a huge increase in the amount of skeeters. I'm swarmed everytime I go out in the evening. :(
It was a long, wet winter in the Northeast, which means mosquitos will be BAD this summer. I'm really not looking forward to that.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
If you want to stop a breakout just use jewelweed, natures cure for poison ivy. The best part is it usually grows around poison ivy, you just need to know what you are looking for. Just slice the stem open and apply the juice to your leg and whammy no outbreak. If you want to know what it looks like check online, the only way I can help is that the leaves have hairs which trap watter...thus giving the effect of a jewel when the sun is on it.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
manziman said:
we don't have Poison Ivy on the west coast. only Poison Oak, and being the good eagle scout that I am, I can spot it out and not get that annoying itch..

We have the triple-threat.... poison ivy, poison oak and poison sumac...

:dead::dead::dead:

Jayridesacove

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2004
Falls Church, VA
lol...

My friend messaged me last nite about him getting some poison ivy up on his arms after he crashed into a bush.

I had crazy rashes from poison ivy back in the day when I was like 8. My mom had me covered in calamine lotion. Fun stuff.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
N8 said:
Immunity is usually only temporary with repeated exposure.

Y'all's day will come.
I have never had it....know that I have been exposed SEVERAL times and I am 28. I am going to keep on doing things the same way as always and see if I ever loose my immunity. ;)

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
TreeSaw said:
I have never had it....know that I have been exposed SEVERAL times and I am 28. I am going to keep on doing things the same way as always and see if I ever loose my immunity. ;)

I hope you are right. :)