Quantcast

Is the VeloSwapMeet in SD this weekend??

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
If so that would be cool. What's not cool are people hogging all the good value deals only to mark up and sell on Ebay.. greedy bastards..

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
I had a guy do the old buy and mark up right there at the swap. I was thinking about buying a DH stem, when I went to make an offer it was already sold. I walked half way around the velodrome and another guy had the stem for five dollars more! I t was the exact stem, same scratches/wear and everything! It was still a good deal, but I refused to buy it on principal. Screw those guys, they can get a real job. It's one thing to sell off your own sponsored gear because you have probably earned it, but it's another to buy and sell someone elses sponsored gear just to make a buck.

R

Rabie

Pegboy said:
I had a guy do the old buy and mark up right there at the swap. I was thinking about buying a DH stem, when I went to make an offer it was already sold. I walked half way around the velodrome and another guy had the stem for five dollars more! I t was the exact stem, same scratches/wear and everything! It was still a good deal, but I refused to buy it on principal. Screw those guys, they can get a real job. It's one thing to sell off your own sponsored gear because you have probably earned it, but it's another to buy and sell someone elses sponsored gear just to make a buck.
These 'principles' you speak of... they teach you about those in terrorist school? Cause you are clearly no American.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
I say, Velodrome in the morning...beat the piranhas on the good deals (won't matter to me this time since I've no cash to buy), then lunch...then maybe some trail riding. I want to take some pictures. Any hellbent OC representatives?? TYM?