Quantcast

is there an easy to way to add stan's fluid to a wheel that's using maxxis rim strip?

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
With some help (thanks kidwoo) I've got my first tubeless setup going. Tomorrow will be my first ride but so far I think it's pretty cool. I noticed while watching the stan's videos on notubes.com that those rims strips use a shrader valve, and if you need to add more fluid you can just remove the valve core. The maxxis rim strips use a presta valve though. Is there a way to easily add fluid to a maxxis setup w/o having to unseat the tire?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Hells yeah man use a big ole hypodermic needle filled with Stan's goo, just poke that sucker right through, no worries it will seal up no problem...

Hahaha, actually I have no idea. But I hope your ankle is ok.

:stosh:

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
OGRipper said:
Hells yeah man use a big ole hypodermic needle filled with Stan's goo, just poke that sucker right through, no worries it will seal up no problem...

Hahaha, actually I have no idea. But I hope your ankle is ok.

:stosh:
it's still pretty swolen, sore and black 'n blue but I think I will be able to ride tomorrow so it's cool. it was worth it ;)

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I don't know if there is any difference, but with the regular strips, I just leave a little bead unseated, pour the sealant, then seat the tire.

My trick is to spin the wheel so the valve is at the top of the wheel. If you blow it with the valve at the bottom, the goo flies everywhere.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
actualy the stans kits come in both presta and shrader varieties, and stans themselves makes a syringe that i believe is designed specificaly for guys in your exact situation. any shop worth it's weight in tubes should be able to get you one, they're around $15 i think