Quantcast

Is there any vitamins you take regularly?

Y

yos1s25

What do you take every day?
Vitamin C ? Any others?
Do you take any amino acids?
I ride XC once or twice a week. And some DH
Will vitamins or proteins or anything else will do me any good?

Thanks

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
just a multivitamin +/- a 200 mg ibuprofen if i'm still sore from whatever i did the day before. unless you have some weird malabsorption issue you don't need to take massive quantities of Bwhatever, C, etc.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
I don't take anything on a regular basis. During hard and long workouts, I'll take an electrolyte, but that's no big deal. After said workouts, I'll just make sure to take in some protein and carbs within a half hour of finishing. That is all.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
None of that sh1t as as good as just a decent balanced diet and staying hydrated. Reject all processed food. I take multivitamins in the winter sometimes though, seems to perk me up a bit but it might be psychosomatic.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
I have to take my vitamins to make sure I get enough calcium.

I am on a shot that has been shown to deplete my bones........so 1200 mg of calcium is mandatory.... unless I want to be that old lady who breaks like a matchstick.

I'm all for balanced diets... but I am just making sure that I get everything I need.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
C is the only thing I take regularly, and I've only recently started taking that.

Seems to me that your diet would dictate what vitamins you should be taking...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Every day I take:

multi-vitamin (The Vitamin Shoppe's house brand)
protein shake (it's loaded with vitamins as well)
joint support pills (they're like lubing a chassis)

Chunky Munkey

Herpes!
May 10, 2006
is ALWAYS key I say...
yos1s25 said:
What do you take every day?
Vitamin C ? Any others?
Do you take any amino acids?
I ride XC once or twice a week. And some DH
Will vitamins or proteins or anything else will do me any good?

Thanks
Try protein for riding. GNC has vanilla that is pretty good. Get a HUGE jug for like 18 bucks the first week of every month. Mix up a 25mg protein shake before your bike ride and you'll feel major good during your ride.

My daily intake,

1- multivitamin
1- 25 gram protein shot (4 times a day on workout days)
1- 5 gram dose of Creatstack from GNC (creotine, good for muscle fibers)
3- 1000mg fish oil tablets
1- Hydroxy cut tab when training, three times a day.

As to diet, I found the secret to losing weight. WATER!

I eat meat and a veggie. I stay away from potato's and breads and stuff like that except once a week I'll eat anything. I drink WATER only too. No coke, no pepsi, cut it out and all sugars except for maybe two of those small bite size peices of chocolate once in a while after dinner. I use to drink a 2 liter bottle of Coke A DAY! Sugar turns to fat. Cut it out and you'll drop weight fast drinking all water. If you like sweet drinks, go to Walmart and buy the key lime or RASPBERRY flavored water, if they have it, in the one liter bottles. You'll never drink coke or pepsi again. In Taco Bell, I ask for water. TRUST me on this one. Cut out Pepsi and Coke, drink Walmart water and you'll drop 15 lbs like I did last summer in just two weeks and start cuting up. I'm down two inches on my waist and still dropping. If walmart don't have the Raspberry flavor, I'll give you the UPC number and tell them to order a case or too. Try it, if you like it, get management to order you it in and hold it. They'll order as many cases as you want.

Also NO drugs here. Just beer on Wednesday night, LADIES night and Friday and Saturday night. AND Sunday if I go boating but normally I ride both days on the weekend.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Chunky Munkey said:
Try protein for riding. GNC has vanilla that is pretty good. Get a HUGE jug for like 18 bucks the first week of every month. Mix up a 25mg protein shake before your bike ride and you'll feel major good during your ride.

My daily intake,

1- multivitamin
1- 25mg protein shot (4 times a day on workout days)
1- 5mg dose of Creatstack from GNC (creotine, good for muscle fibers)
3- 1000mg fish oil tablets
1- Hydroxy cut when training, three times a day.
do you really mean mg, as in milligrams? 25mg is nothing - why bother? I'm guessing it should be grams.

Chunky Munkey

Herpes!
May 10, 2006
is ALWAYS key I say...
jacksonpt said:
do you really mean mg, as in milligrams? 25mg is nothing - why bother? I'm guessing it should be grams.
Ooops you're right. Forgot. I hadn't read the bottles in a few years.

Your body can't absorb more than 25 grams of protein at a time. If you take more it just flushes it out. Protein, besides giving you energy to burn, it also cuts fat. So while working out on workout days, I take it an hour before a lift, and within one hour after a lift to gain the max benefit. And if you spread it through the day it works out, no pun intended, nicely.

Thanks for the heads up.

I find WATER to be an incredible key in losing weight and cutting up. I was AMAZED at how I lost 12 lbs in two weeks and went back to it again and lost 3 more. 15 lbs! I couldn't believe it. I've kept it off for over a full year now and lost even more due to drinking Walmart's flavored water. I don't like the othe flavor's anymore so I special order the Raspberry flavor. It's,

0 carb
0 protein
0 calories
0 sodium
0 sugar.

Tastes like a softdrink but doesn't give you the crap softdrinks give you.

My abs are finally showing big time thanks to the water. A year ago in June, my 33 waist pants were so snug I could wear them without a belt, and I was thinking I'd have to buy 34's but now they no longer fit. Thanks to water, I'm buying 31's now. Last July 4th, 175 lbs. This July 4th 155 lean. And a week ago I was down to 153. I'm MAJOR stoked on water. Best thing in the world for you.

ATOMICFIREBALL

DISARMED IN A BATTLE OF WITS
May 26, 2004
Tennessee
Ester Vitamin C
Glucosamine 1500mg
Multi vitaman
Advil
Sinus--allergy
& usually nightime cold medicine so i can sleep solid sometimes.

I don't eat fried foods,or cakes-desserts with OIL in them.I love a ice cold Coke Classic.

clokstar

Chimp
Aug 16, 2006
Moncton
Multi-vitamins, and an extra vitamin C. I also run everyday and lift 3-4 times a week so I mix protien into my drinks daily.

Zagreus

Chimp
Jan 3, 2010
S. California
Here is what I have settled on after seemingly endless experimentation.
For reference, I ride XC 4-5 days/week, usually 25-30 miles with a 800-1000 meter elevation change. I am also a full-time PhD student so I need to remain well energized and cognitively astute throughout the day, regardless of my biking habits.

Morning--

Daily: Centrum A-Z Multivitamin
Weekdays: Alpha-GPC
Daily: (R)-Alpha-Lipoic-Acid

Afternoon--

Daily if working out: 30g Syntha-6 Protein + Branch-Chain Amino Acids
(Cookies & Cream, but all the flavors are delicious) dissolved in 2 cups almond-milk
Daily if working out: 1 Banana for potassium
Daily: 1 Orange for citric acid
Daily if working out: Something salty for sodium
3x/week: GliSODin upregulator
(sometimes replaced by resveritrol)

Evening--

Daily: Green-tea + blueberries
(antioxidant properties, also shown to help with muscle fiber recruitment)
3x/week: Calcium Supplement
Daily: Oral Cannabinoid extract

Last edited:

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Here is what I have settled on after seemingly endless experimentation.
For reference, I ride XC 4-5 days/week, usually 25-30 miles with a 800-1000 meter elevation change. I am also a full-time PhD student so I need to remain well energized and cognitively astute throughout the day, regardless of my biking habits.

Morning--

Daily: Centrum A-Z Multivitamin
Weekdays: Alpha-GPC
Daily: (R)-Alpha-Lipoic-Acid

Afternoon--

Daily if working out: 30g Syntha-6 Protein + Branch-Chain Amino Acids
(Cookies & Cream, but all the flavors are delicious) dissolved in 2 cups almond-milk
Daily if working out: 1 Banana for potassium
Daily: 1 Orange for citric acid
Daily if working out: Something salty for sodium
3x/week: GliSODin upregulator
(sometimes replaced by resveritrol)

Evening--

Daily: Green-tea + blueberries
(antioxidant properties, also shown to help with muscle fiber recruitment)
3x/week: Calcium Supplement
Daily: Oral Cannabinoid extract

...and what a life you must live...!

Seriously??

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Holy zombie thread, Batman.

This was Chunky Monkey before his "I'm-gonna-blow-you-all-up-fear-me-now" meltdown.

Zagreus

Chimp
Jan 3, 2010
S. California
...and what a life you must live...!

Seriously??
What? Half of the stuff on that list (banana, orange, something salty [chips], green-tea, blueberries and hash) is food or beverage of some sort-- just a diet geared towards functionality.

As for the other stuff, I don't see it as that out of the ordinary. I suppose after working at a health-food and supplement store for a while I saw enough people who were cramming 10-15 supplements/day into their diets I have a bit of a skewed view of normality in supplementation :rolleyes:

A Centrum multivitamin is pretty standard, as is calcium supplementation and a choline supplement (alpha-gpc) for someone on a non-dairy diet. The GliSODin and R-ALA prevent catabolism in muscle-fibers-- meaning that all of that hard work you put into building up your legs and cardio doesnt all disappear when you decide to spend a month playing super-nintendo and drinking beer.