Quantcast

IS there no Dirt in Southern AZ

BUG

Chimp
Sep 9, 2001
CoSprings, Colorado
Please, someone..... is there any Dirt in southern AZ that has been previously formed into one of thse cool "Extreme" jumping piles?

I am really jonesing for some dirt jumps, I am about depresed with the whole skate park thing..... stuck driving down to Douglas to ride an "OK" park.... I am going to try and stop into Celestial? skate park here this weekend, I seem to think it was closed down, but some of the kids around here say it's still open. I am out in Sierra Vista for the Beautiful AZ Summer, doign soem fun schooling.... if anyone wants to do some digging I am more than happy to shovel, I really need some doubles though. I have tried several of the bike shops and little skater/biker kids in the local area and been very unsuccessful in the discovery of any spots, mch less anything decent. PLEASE HELP!!!!

I left Colorado here almost 3 weeks ago and I think my bikes are getting rather home sick..... I don't want them trying to run away.

Thanks anyone

please blast me a pm

BUG

Chimp
Sep 9, 2001
CoSprings, Colorado
Yeah I been digging around all the backlots I can find...... I figure there has to be some kid with a hose and a shovel somewhere out here. I was ao spoiled in Colorado.... man it's going to be a rough summer.

dirtyj

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
austin
They are all private jumps. Go to Rage and ask those guys whats up and if you are good enough they'll take you there and papago park near the asu has some cool jumps.

BUG

Chimp
Sep 9, 2001
CoSprings, Colorado
Hey thanks...

I ran into a few folks here and there that pointed me at a spot in Tucson..... no where near what I am use to, but it is a desert.....

I am going to try and head for Phoenix here in the nextg week or so..... I been spending some time down at the skate park in Douglas... lot of kids, no will to dig though. I may have to see what I can do here in SIerra Vista to get the city to hand over some land for Dirt Renovation. I know it sounds obsurd but I have seen it work out well in the past.

Thanks for all the help though Monkeys!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
If you're in Sedona there is a pretty decent set of Dirt Jumps behind Mountain Bike Heaven (LBS on the main street through town - the 89A). You can just roll up and use them whenever. They are normally fairly well looked after.

Also it's not as ridiculously hot in Sedona... :)

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Just thought I should add there is some really good trail riding in Sedona as well if you take a MTB. 100's of trails. Get the locals to show you the 'Secret trails'.