Quantcast

Is there really a need for this?

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
I can imagine bike manufacturers marketing this, but I simply can't imagine that it makes any difference. Sure someone might win the tour on one or whatever, but since when do people have problems with road bike brakes? Touring, discs would be excellent, racing, not so important.

I predict that in 5 years, I will still be on $250 road bike passing fat lycra clad roadies on $5000 road bikes with tiny seats completely swallowed in their enormous lardtastic butts. The only difference will be that they will have disc brakes... whoop de doo.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
I predict that in 5 years, I will still be on $250 road bike passing fat lycra clad roadies on $5000 road bikes with tiny seats completely swallowed in their enormous lardtastic butts. The only difference will be that they will have disc brakes... whoop de doo.
Let me be the first to congratulate you.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I'm with you :)

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
And photos pulled. The caliper looked sick but that lever body looked extremely uncomfortable. I am all for the 2012 RED mech stuff.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
...since when do people have problems with road bike brakes?
Um, since people decided to ride bikes in all kinds of weather? And again when people started riding carbon fiber rims?

As for your prediction, your smugness is surpassed only by your thinly-veiled jealousy. Why do you care what other people ride or how much they paid for their bike?