Quantcast

Is this a good deal

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
I e-mailed him for more info, but I don't know what's good and what isn't. His price includes shipping, which would probably be $40-$50 bucks.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
It *looks* like an older all aluminum bike with used Tiagra components. It *looks* like there are grooves in the rims implying a fair amount of use.

If I'm right and *IF* it was a steel fork, then $200 *IF* it really is in good condition. For me, an all AL bike wouldn't work.

I too would need more info to offer any real opinion.

I understand you don't want to spend a lot, but even if you don't ride a lot, but plan on riding it for years, you're better off trying to find a NOS (or lightly used) steel bike with unused wheels and 105 for like $500.

PS: Do you even know if the bike would fight you?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Um... doesn't really matter if its a good deal or not, its not a quality ride. Your $300.00 can be better spent. Not a bad deal but also not a desirable frame or build. I think L'oopie's Franken Bike suspicions are correct. :)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
the seller is a good guy from all that I've seen and read about him and from his posts here on ridemonkey.com and bustedspoke.com - so I don't think he'd just unload a hunk a junk on anyone.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
It *LOOKS* like a .....

fight fight fight...between a rider and his bike!

if the bike would FIGHT you...nice!:twitch: Only if you swung first.

I think LordOpius is trying to ask if you know what sized road bike you are searching for, firstly.:monkey:
Yes, I was tired and meant, "fit".

Please please please, do not buy a bike generically on it's listed size.

the seller is a good guy from all that I've seen and read about him and from his posts here on ridemonkey.com and bustedspoke.com - so I don't think he'd just unload a hunk a junk on anyone.
I agree, he seems like a good guy and I'm sure he's not unloading a piece of junk, he's selling what was a decent enough bike in it's day and I'm sure he's not trying to screw anyone on the price. But his intentions aside, it's just not that good.