Quantcast

Is this a good Ebay "Buy it Now" Price??? X-post

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
This bike looks to be in really nice condition and I suspect it would fit my girlfriend to a T - she's 5'6" - just like the seller. Sounds like this was owned by a woman based on the saddle choice.

Is $450 a good Buy it Now Price for this steel road bike? What leve of Campy stuff is on it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=98084&item=7148133838&rd=1

Road Bike forum visitors have passed over this thread so I thought I'd take a shot at you Lounge Monkeys to get your thoughts.

Thanks!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Hmmm........so it's just a decent deal then eh?

Should I probably look for something newer Wumpus? You seem to know your shiznit about road bikes.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
The frame is steel. So long as it wasn't left outside it will last a long time.

I would be more worried that the components are getting worn out and are going to need to replaced soon. Road components last quite a bit longer than mountain stuff. If it has been ridden regularily for six years, I would think they were pretty close to be needing replacing.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Wumpus said:
The frame is steel. So long as it wasn't left outside it will last a long time.

I would be more worried that the components are getting worn out and are going to need to replaced soon. Road components last quite a bit longer than mountain stuff. If it has been ridden regularily for six years, I would think they were pretty close to be needing replacing.
also the seller is somewhere in florida. saltair+steel=not good.

not sure of the actual condition looks nice though but maybe something to think about.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I was thinking about that too with the salt air - but if you think about it Southern cars rust much slower than northern cars.

It does look to be a well kept up bike.

splat

Nam I am
That is a pretty good Buy ! My Wife and I Both are Running Campy Veloce ( mine is 8 SP her's 9 ) and it is a Rock solid grupo ! plus look at the crank arm the wear Spot on the arm is very slight ! to me that says it was not ridden a whole lot.

Plus a Biachi Green with Campy ! that is style !

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
splat said:
That is a pretty good Buy ! My Wife and I Both are Running Campy Veloce ( mine is 8 SP her's 9 ) and it is a Rock solid grupo ! plus look at the crank arm the wear Spot on the arm is very slight ! to me that says it was not ridden a whole lot.

Plus a Biachi Green with Campy ! that is style !

I was wondering where you were Splat!

It was ridden by a woman - has a women's specific saddle too - Laura could be rockin a double while I run a triple. lol

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Wumpus said:
Funny, I don't remember any mountains when I went to Chico. :think: Must have been all the beer.

I don't live in chico. I Live in PARADISE. Which is the mountainous area northeast of chico. We have lotsa hills to climb here.

The century I am doing in two weeks has about 5000' of elevation gain. What hills do you have in texas

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Northern cars rust because of salted roads.
The desert is the best place for cars.
I would be weary of a six year old bike.
That sounds old.
And it could be worn out.
Think about replacing a campy drivetrain$$$$$$$$$$4
Not even worth the money.