Quantcast

Is this a good idea?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
So........ I rode to work today. It's gonna be 100F. I'm going to ride home - the round trip will be 36 miles.

My buddy is going to pick me up at 6:30 to go up to Deer Creek. All I have to do is swap my knobbies on. 10 miles of singletrack, 2+K of climb - should only be in the 90s then.

Should I ride back into work tomorrow morning? Or should I drive?

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
You will know the pain of the nice wall section on Deer Creek.

Please inform me if you ride down it comeing back. I tried twice and bailed on both. :mumble:

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
SkaredShtles said:
So........ I rode to work today. It's gonna be 100F. I'm going to ride home - the round trip will be 36 miles.

My buddy is going to pick me up at 6:30 to go up to Deer Creek. All I have to do is swap my knobbies on. 10 miles of singletrack, 2+K of climb - should only be in the 90s then.

do you race ?

if so, think about it like this.
is your competition riding or pvssin out and driving ?

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
SkaredShtles said:
Yup, just make sure you drink alot of water / gatorade tonight.

I like a 50/50 mix of water gatorade. Maybe a gel pack after the ride is over to help get you sugars back up...... AND DON'T forget salt - have some frys or something. Salt is the one thing that most people forget about.

Enjoy

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Konabumm said:
Yup, just make sure you drink alot of water / gatorade tonight.
Grande margaritas are kind of like Gatorade, right? :D

I like a 50/50 mix of water gatorade. Maybe a gel pack after the ride is over to help get you sugars back up...... AND DON'T forget salt - have some frys or something. Salt is the one thing that most people forget about.
No gels, but I ate a chili relleno, tamale, and chicken enchilada along with a crapload of chips and salsa.

And thanks for the salt advice - my margarita came with a salted rim and I ate all of it. :thumb: