Quantcast

is this a Thursday thread?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Nap attempt interrupted, repeatedly and by the same telemarketer. No we do not need speed bumps in the Art District. But thanks for waisting my sleep time, ass.

Fine I’ll go sling some rings. :rant:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Pretty cool having a bird eat out of your hand.
Birds aren't real.

Woke up to an angry email because I've been ignoring another email chain about one of my projects, and failed to make all the requested updates. You know who they forgot to include in said email chain? Me, the PM. Smart corporate big-wig people we hired are really worth their pay.

Not sure how big of a dick I should be about it? Go the snarky route and laugh it off, or call our new VP a fuckwit on a teams call. I think my job is secure enough to run with the latter of those options.
Regardless of whether or not the "smart corporate big-wig people" included you in the email thread, my question for you (the PM) is why are your stakeholders requesting said updates in the first place? This may indicate that they feel they haven't been kept properly informed.

Not that I care, nor am I passing judgement on how good of a job you are or are not doing. Just putting out another perspective that could be taken, were you to choose the snarky route.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Birds aren't real.

Regardless of whether or not the "smart corporate big-wig people" included you in the email thread, my question for you (the PM) is why are your stakeholders requesting said updates in the first place? This may indicate that they feel they haven't been kept properly informed.

Not that I care, nor am I passing judgement on how good of a job you are or are not doing. Just putting out another perspective that could be taken, were you to choose the snarky route.
What are you, some agent of chaos? Let the boy go forth!

:popcorn:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

look at you giving sensible advice on RM. you trying to reach enlightenment or something?

:D

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
workin on the porch. sunny and 70. third winter is gone, having cannily reversed places with "the pollening" and now we must enjoy the brief period of "actual spring" before heading into "summer," which comes deceptively quickly

context: 12 seasons of north carolina
  1. Winter
  2. Fool’s Spring
  3. Second Winter
  4. Spring of Deception
  5. Third Winter
  6. The Pollening
  7. Actual Spring
  8. Summer
  9. Hell's Front Porch
  10. False Fall
  11. Second Summer
  12. Actual Fall

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
workin on the porch. sunny and 70. third winter is gone, having cannily reversed places with "the pollening" and now we must enjoy the brief period of "actual spring" before heading into "summer," which comes deceptively quickly

1. Winter
  2. Fool’s Spring
  3. Second Winter
  4. Spring of Deception
  5. Third Winter
  6. The Pollening
  7. Actual Spring
  8. Summer
  9. Hell's Front Porch
  10. False Fall
  11. Second Summer
  12. Actual Fall
Yes but when does the mud season begin, fake end and then actually end?

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL

1. Winter
  2. Fool’s Spring
  3. Second Winter
  4. Spring of Deception
  5. Third Winter
  6. The Pollening
  7. Actual Spring
  8. Summer
  9. Hell's Front Porch
  10. False Fall
  11. Second Summer
  12. Actual Fall
8a Summer of Claus

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Not the typical corporate structure gripes........

Trying to explain to a managerial hydrologist from san diego why "just taking snowmobiles" into a location that has been buried in historical snowfall amounts, in a national park (IE some of the gnarliest steep avalanche terrain around), along over 70 miles of unplowed rugged two lane bench cut roads to go stand in a known avalanche path for a few hours in the middle of the day.....is not a thing that someone does lightly

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Not the typical corporate structure gripes........

Trying to explain to a managerial hydrologist from san diego why "just taking snowmobiles" into a location that has been buried in historical snowfall amounts, in a national park (IE some of the gnarliest steep avalanche terrain around), along over 70 miles of unplowed rugged two lane bench cut roads to go stand in a known avalanche path for a few hours in the middle of the day.....is not a thing that someone does lightly
Offer to take this person with.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle

These are cosmetic design changes I advised we should make and was overruled on, they're now seeing marketing material and wondering why those changes weren't implemented. The "new" design is actually just my original concept that they had me alter, and then bitched about the alterations they made.

For clarity these are corporate people who use many many big words, but have thus far produced zero results, and/or negative growth, we hired them because they'd been fired by a much larger player in our industry and were looking for work. The current project stems from them dropping the ball on a previous one where I raised the red flag about compatibility with legacy parts numerous times, and because the project was designed by another company (I was only involved in the validation) they were tasked with requesting the changes be implemented prior to production. They failed to do so, raised a stink about how I missed the issue, so I forwarded about 9 email chains where I raised the issue as well as meeting minutes where it was discussed and they were tasked with working out a solution. That failure necessitated this new product be launched.

I'm generally pretty self aware when it comes to screwing shit up, this was just an astonishing level of stupid.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
$35 belly shave. He actually got her hips and backside plus brushes her totally out. His first question "has she ever bitten me?" Not today, but yeah. She's torn the shit out of me. He has a knack and took care of it quick before she got too pissed. I'm still blown away. But the Hannibal mask was awesome. :rofl:

PXL_20230323_213736594~2.jpg

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
(But I was just cruising on purpose, total zone 2, carrying on a conversation. )
You don't need to make excuses with me, I think running is stupid.

I can't even do it anymore with my knee. Like if you need to chase me, you'll catch me, I'm not getting away. That's why I always incentivize people to run away from me. It's just much easier that way.