Quantcast

***Is this a Tuesday GMT?***

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Sunny as hell out, vacation next week, I should probably head to the beach and try out my new board shorts, make sure they're good.

1.5 years after we bought our house and I'm still getting mail for the PO about settlement of an estate. Get your shit together, lady. :rant:
PO of my place hasn't changed their PayPal shipping address, and they're super spotty about returning texts when they get something. I just started writing "wrong address" and sending it back.

Last package was apparently a $1000 custom made knife, it sat in my garage for a month and a half with no reply from them, so I threw it in the outgoing mail. A month or so after that they ask if I had proof that I returned it or that it had been received by the post office, bitch, I threw that shit in the box and never thought about it again. If it was that important, why not double check the shipping address?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Last day of vacation and it's been a good one. Low key relaxed with the pups enjoying themselves. Again we got the realty paper because this is a place we keep coming back to. There is a new shipping container house down the street that is similar to my design. A nice 1/4 acre lot, a couple 40' boxes and I could make it work. Because I don't have enough projects and too much money, I guess. :rofl:

@Montana rider both look great, actually. I would go stealth black because I'm unimaginative, but either would be nice.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Work with study between calls.

After a 10 year hiatus I am "this close" to accidentally an N+1

GG seems to have a good enough deal (40% off shredd dogg) to pass the frugal test

I'm having a conundrum, as my old bike is yeti blue, but N+1 bike choices are not quite yeti blue and black and neither is my first choice so a poll:

not quite Yeti blue:
View attachment 195609

Stealth black:
View attachment 195610

Root beer: in my feverish dreams...
Good find. My buddy's 13y/o is researching for his first real bike (dad's giving him $1500, on his own for the rest) and this just went straight to the front of the list.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I also need to see this movie. When we were in Switzerland they had a memorial wall in the Jungfraujoch to honor those who had died digging the train tunnel - a large number of names were Italian.
i thank @narlus ....he posted a pic of the movie poster at a theater somewhere in europe....

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Haley's off on her first "free range" trip. She and the neighbor rode their bikes to the library and then walked to Safeway to get some snacks. Only 2 miles away but across a major street (6-lane Autobahn), so a lot of prep before sending them out, largely about traffic interaction rules and how to take the safer way - even if it's longer. Being modern parents their phones have locations built into them, so we know where they are vs. our 'survival of the fittest' youth, but given modern moms are scared in the 'burbs...

Neighbor dad and I both got lit into by our wifes about girls not being old enough yet (10 and 11), but what can you do? Sometimes you just have to give them longer rope.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Haley's off on her first "free range" trip. She and the neighbor rode their bikes to the library and then walked to Safeway to get some snacks. Only 2 miles away but across a major street (6-lane Autobahn), so a lot of prep before sending them out, largely about traffic interaction rules and how to take the safer way - even if it's longer. Being modern parents their phones have locations built into them, so we know where they are vs. our 'survival of the fittest' youth, but given modern moms are scared in the 'burbs...

Neighbor dad and I both got lit into by our wifes about girls not being old enough yet (10 and 11), but what can you do? Sometimes you just have to give them longer rope.
tell the women the phones will do more harm to them as far as self worth issues than riding a bike to the safeway ever will...

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Late in the day and overcast on Tuesday equals solo float.

1 yearling female moose
1 eagle on a fairly low tree branch, gawd those birds are big.

#BirdsAren'tReal

Sun's out now and guns hidden behind merino wool outer layer, but the beer tastes good.

Hoping to take the skinny tired cyclocross bike up to the "NORAD" chemtrail satellite tower tomorrow -- ontop of Sawtelle peak in the background likely a scootch early for peak wildflowers -- before the road gets too busy / too washboardy this summer which is ALMOST here ;)

IMG_20230620_190304104_HDR_copy_1125x2000.jpg

Last edited:

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
After a 10 year hiatus I am "this close" to accidentally an N+1

GG seems to have a good enough deal (40% off shredd dogg) to pass the frugal test

I'm having a conundrum, as my old bike is yeti blue, but N+1 bike choices are not quite yeti blue and black and neither is my first choice so a poll:

not quite Yeti blue:
View attachment 195609

Stealth black:
View attachment 195610

Root beer: in my feverish dreams...
I remembered some anecdote about flipping a coin, and seeing how you reacted to the "coin's decision" as it pertains to your true desire.

So Yeti Blue Heads / Stealth Black Tails

1st Flip -> Tails.

Me: Well let's double check that

2nd flip -> Tails.

Well if the 3rd flip is Tails it's a done deal:

1687324683989.png

Last edited: