bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
It's the Price Point brand, but I have heard good things about their stuff. I personally have a Timex T58 one that I got for less than $50 and I like it. I really didn't want a big bulky one as my wrists are quite skinny and I didn't need anything with a ton of different features. It has target zone alarms and a good sized display. I also wanted to be able to change the batteries myself rather than send it away to be changed.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'd get whatever you can find a deal on. The only functions I look at on a HRM is the current HR%. I had a cheap performance brand that was gread until I ran over it in my driveway. I got a Polar and the damn thing won't display the time and HR on the same screen which drives me flipping mad. I end up having to wear it and my normal watch so I can time intervals.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
bluebug32 said:
Any suggestions at all about a HRM???

Come on Monkeys!
Go to sears. They have one for about 30.00. It's basic, but it comes with the strap and works with a lot of cross trainers. Oh yeah, its a Polar...

I will get you the link for it in a sec...:thumb:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
I'd get whatever you can find a deal on. The only functions I look at on a HRM is the current HR%. I had a cheap performance brand that was gread until I ran over it in my driveway. I got a Polar and the damn thing won't display the time and HR on the same screen which drives me flipping mad. I end up having to wear it and my normal watch so I can time intervals.
Do you wear a belt with suspenders too?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
stosh said:
Do all HRM require you to wear that band around your chest?
If you have problems getting the strap to stay in place you can get a manzier with an integrated monitor.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Westy said:
Kind of, a belt with overalls. I wear boxers under my plum smugglers too.
Well of course, how else would you stow your cell phone w/belt clip.

Do your boxers stick out the bottom of your plum smugglers? I hate when that happens.